Relationships.....WARNING!! Don't let your guard down.

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 3/5/12 1:09 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Thanks for the kind words.  I am confident that this was a blessing in disguise.  Despite the pain and the anguish, we will come out on the other side stronger and more committed than ever.
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/12 5:51 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 05/04/12 with
I always tell people that say "I'll leave if he ever cheats on me" they really don't know what they'll do until they're in that situation. It's not black and white when you've invested your life and love in someone. Thank you for sharing and for caring enough about us to show the reality.
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 3/5/12 1:15 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with

My first husband was a real sleeze ball and cheated on me emotionally, financially, physically and in every way possible.  He had women in my house, my bed and even gave them some of my clothes because after all, according to him, I'd never be able to get skinny enough to wear them again.  I was told this when I weighed 150 lbs after having my third child in less than 5 years. 

I look back and realized that deep down, I never trusted him.  Still it took me seven years and him cheating on me in our home while our kids were there and I was at work to finally put me over the edge.

I always said the same thing about leaving.  But I'm much wiser, older and savyier that I was then.  Also, my current husband is a million times the man that my first husband was/is.

I just don't want anyone else to fall into the trap of complacency that I did. 

Phatchick
on 3/4/12 8:36 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
All I can say is WOW. You are one strong woman. In my humble opinion, you handled this whole situation perfect. To be able to go thru this, acknowledge every emotion, and then ride it out while keeping your marriage is amazing.

Bravo to the person who told you. He had giant huevos. That could have gone either way.

By the way, it's only slander if it's a lie. If you yell from the roof tops a fact then it is never slander.

Thanks for sharing this with the forum. I'm sure a few people will read this and see themselves somewhere in the post.

Blessings to you and your family,

Sharon

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 3/5/12 1:21 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Thanks Sharon.

My eldest daughter once described me as the "most amazingly practical person" she's ever known.

A friend once said that I was "Spock" with large portions of personality, passion, emotion and a dazzling smile. 

And yes, my "informer" has my undying gratitute.  Amazingly it was a man that came to me.  Men don't usually get involved in this kind of stuff.  However, he said that he had fallen into the same trap that my husband did a few years ago and it nearly cost him his marriage.  Because he care about and respected me as a person and co-worker, he didn't want it to happen to me.  That's one of the reasons I posted.....to pay it forward as he did.
helpispossible
on 3/4/12 10:00 pm - LA
My hat is off to you - prayers for healing your hurt - stand strong - you are an awesome person! Thank you so much for sharing, it is something that we all needed to hear.
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 3/5/12 1:23 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
It's always a good reminder that once we reach our goals that maintenance is a continuation of the journey.  That applies to so much more than just weight loss. 
katie M.
on 3/4/12 10:34 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
I'm sorry this happened to you and you are so brave for sharing your story as a lesson for others!

With that said, you are a much stronger woman than me, because I'd have given that b*tch the beatdown of the century
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 3/5/12 1:33 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with

LOL!! 

Believe me, I've had a reoccuring fantasy of grabbing her by her bleached blonde hair and slinging her onto her over sized, fakely tanned rear end and then stomping the stuffin' out of her.

But I have too much to lose and I didn't want to lower myself to her level.  I wanted to be able to look down my nose at her and make her feel small.  Man, that makes me sound like a snotty b*tch but .... oh well.

I also didn't knock the living sh*t out of my husband like I wanted to.  Lucky for him we were in a semi-public place (and he was in uniform) when I confronted him.  Those things kept me from grabbing him by the balls, twisting his nuts off and feeding them to him.  Probably would've been funny to watch since he outweighs me by about 100 lbs and is about 7 inches taller.  No doubt I could've done it though

slimpickins5280
on 3/4/12 11:10 pm - CO
You handled it so well.

It's good for us all to remember that even when we are focusing on ourselves for once in our lives, we still have many other balls in the air that deserve our attention.

What good is becoming healthy and thin if other parts of our lives that we love fall apart around the "new me."

Thank you for the reminder to put time into the other parts of our lives. Check in, make sure things are still good.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton