3 week anniversary

Hope Y.
on 2/13/12 5:11 am - Harrison, MI
VSG on 01/23/12
It's hard to believe that it's already been 3 weeks since I took the biggest step of my life.

I'm down 37 pounds, including pre-op weight loss, 21 since surgery.  My biggest struggle right now is taking things in - I'm hardly ever hungry so I have to remind myself to eat and when I'm not at work, I have a great routine for getting my water in.  However, since I work midnights, I have to get a good routine down for the nights I work.

When I woke up in the recovery room, I couldn't believe I had done this to myself.  Even though I'm morbidly obese, I was (currently) in pretty good health.  But as the days have gone on, and things have gotten easier and settled into a new "normal", I'm so grateful I was able to take this opportunity for my health.  No regrets, no second thoughts...loving my sleeve already!

Sleeved - 1/23/12       Starting weight - 331                  Current weight - 195  

MelissaMommyto5
on 2/13/12 5:28 am
VSG on 02/16/12
YAY! 
That is so great to hear!  I go in in 3 days & I know that I'll probably have moments just like that, WHAT in the world did I just do to myself!  My comorbidities were adding up, but basically blood pressure was the only thing requiring medication & I could've probably lived without that but it helped reduce my headaches by being on it.  Anyways, I'm happy to hear that you're already past that feeling.  Keep up the great work!

slimmer1953
on 2/13/12 5:37 am
Hey Hope Y:

I am having this same problem.  I also had my surgery on 1/23/12.  It is really hard because I try to eat, but just can't eat a lot.  Also experiencing my first stall.  Too funny, everyday the scale reads the exact same thing.  I just remind myself that most important is to take in protein, and water.  I hope there are others out there who are willing to give us some advice.  Good luck to you. 
Hope Y.
on 2/13/12 6:38 am - Harrison, MI
VSG on 01/23/12
Ha!  I think I'm experiencing my first stall, too.  I have been doing great but the scale hasn't budged since Thursday (I try to only weigh one or two times/week).  I'm trying to just focus on getting in my water, food and protein, and exercise, since I can't control the scale!  And I can feel that I'm losing inches - some of my blouses that were snug at Christmas are almost too baggy already!

Sleeved - 1/23/12       Starting weight - 331                  Current weight - 195  

SouthernmostStar
on 2/13/12 6:57 am
VSG on 01/25/12
My three week anniversary is in two days.  I've experienced the same amount of weight loss. 

This afternoon was the first time that I've felt actual hunger and it coincided with my first day back to work.  Granted, it was only for half a day at work, but the routine changed from mostly being at home.  So, I just had some broth and refilled my water glass to sip through the evening.

I don't have a single regret either.  I know that getting sleeved was absolutely the best, healthiest choice!

Congratulations on your success so far.  Here's to much more in the future!
Mary

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Most Active
Recent Topics