PB2 ideas

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 2/13/12 3:22 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
I know a lot of you guys use PB2.  Ran across these suggestions on PB2 uses.

http://www.runsforcookies.com/2011/05/i-bought-pb2-now-what. html

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I bought PB2... Now what?!

Yes, I really do order this much at once!
On my last entry, Anne (not sure who you are, but thanks for reading!) left me a note suggesting that I write about my uses for PB2. I have no idea why I didn't think to do this before, because it is definitely a frequently asked question! Ever since I discovered PB2 (I believe in 2007), I've been hooked on it. I talk about it all the time and use it frequently. Let me also say that I am in no way affiliated with Bell Plantation, nor did they even send me any for free to review or pay me in any way. I just ordered some after reading about it on a message board, loved it, and now I always rave about it.  I order it from Bell Plantation directly, but I've heard of some people finding it in stores. I've never seen it in a store before though.

However, when it finally arrives on your doorstep, it can be intimidating. What the hell do you do with it?! Here are some of my favorite uses.
Feel free to leave a note with your own uses for PB2, because I'm always looking for more ideas.

• Mash a banana and stir in 2 Tbsp. of PB2 for a pudding-like snack.
  • Combine 2 Tbsp. of PB2 + 2 tsp. honey + enough water to make a paste-like consistency, and then spread it on crackers, graham crackers, fruit, English muffin, etc. Or add oats and roll into "dough" balls.
  • Combine 2 Tbsp. of PB2 + 1 Tbsp. Lite Hershey's Syrup + enough water to make the consistency you like. Use it as an ice cream topping. I like to top a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich with this concoction and microwave for about 10 seconds for a really gooey chocolate-peanut-buttery dessert.
  • For a decadent oatmeal, cook your oats the way you normally would, then add 2 Tbsp. PB2 + 1 Tbsp. of brownie mix (just the powder... I like the No Pudge! Brownie mix). You could use 1 Tbsp. of chocolate chips instead of the brownie mix.
  • Stir together 1 chocolate pudding cup + 2 Tbsp. of PB2 for a chocolate-pb pudding. To make it more voluminous and mousse-like, add 1/4 cup of fat free Cool Whip.
  • Cook a serving of oats and add a mashed banana and 2 Tbsp. of PB2.
  • Combine 2 Tbsp. of No Pudge! Brownie mix + 1 Tbsp. PB2 + 1 Tbsp. applesauce + enough water to make a brownie batter consistency. Microwave for about 20-30 seconds, enough to make a gooey brownie.
  • Combine 2 Tbsp. PB2 + 1/3 cup Cool Whip until smooth. Slice a chocolate Vitatop muffin in half and spread the PB2 mixture on one half. Then top with the other half for an "ice cream" sandwich. Or just pile the fluffy stuff on top and skip the sandwiching.
  • Peel a banana and put it in the freezer. When it's completely frozen, put it in a small food processor with 1 Tbsp. PB2 and process until it's completely smooth--it'll be like banana/pb soft serve ice cream.
  • Make a single serve no-bake cookie! Combine 1 Tbsp. PB2 + 1 Tbsp. No Pudge! Brownie mix + scant 1 Tbsp. milk + 2 Tbsp. quick-cooking oats. Form into a cookie shape and put on wax paper. Refrigerate. (Or just eat the goopy mess right away!)
  • Add PB2 to smoothies and protein shakes. I like a chocolate protein shake with a frozen banana and PB2.
  • Add it to any baked goods--brownies, cookies, etc. You might have to add some liquid to balance it out. I'm a terrible baker, so I can't help with that! ;)
  • Add just a touch of PB2 to hot chocolate (maybe 1 tsp). Don't add too much because the texture gets weird.
  • Reconstitute the PB2 with jam, and use it as a spread for bread, crackers, pretzels, etc.
  • You could try this recipe for an Inside-Out Peanut Butter Cupcake by Carrie at Moves 'N Munchies. I made it once, but it was REALLY salty and I couldn't eat it. PB2 is already salted, so I wouldn't add any salt to the recipe at all.
PB2 + Hershey's lite syrup spread on an Oat Frittata

PB2 + honey spread on an Oat Frittata

PB2, flaxseed, and walnuts in my oatmeal. Obviously you stir it in before eating!

Single Serve No-Bake Cookie (see recipe above)

Some tips to consider when using PB2:
  • Don't be afraid to experiment!! Use your imagination.
  • Think of all the liquids you have in your kitchen, and try reconstituting the PB2 with any of those. 
  • If you're not crazy about the texture of PB2, try mixing it with regular peanut butter for a while until you get used to it.
  • Keep in mind that the PB2 has salt in it, so you might want to take it easy on the salt of other ingredients.
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
judyk62
on 2/13/12 3:48 am - Santa Rosa, CA
Thank you. I really appreciate the ideas. I bought some of this a while back and have only used it once. Now I'll try it again.

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

M. Nguyen
on 2/13/12 4:34 am - TX
thank you for sharing. I actually bought both PB2 last week..but mainly for protein shakes. =) new ideas now!

Terry H.
on 2/13/12 5:14 am
 I have started eating PB2 with Fricos (Cheese Crisps) much like cheese and crackers.  Very satisfying snack!

HW 420 SW 369  Pre-Op -51 lbs; M1-19;M2-15;M3-14;M4 -14;M5-13; M6- 14;M7-14;M8-10;M9-11;M10-11;M11-9;M12-7;M13-7;M14-5; M15-7; M16-8. M17-3. M18-6; M19-5. Goal of 200 (220 Lost) Reached Month 15. Goal of 180 (240 lost) reached at 18 months 10 days on 4/.20/13.  57% body weight lost@180.  Now on maintenance. Low weight 169.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Beyond Goal 

redsnapper1975
on 2/13/12 9:12 am
works well in peanut sauce for thai/asian foods

also good when mixed with sugar free pancake syrup, but I don't really have anything to spread that on anymore  :)

~ Kim

Wildoatslady
on 2/13/12 9:57 am
1/2C Fage yogurt
1 TBS SFcheesecake pudding mix
1 TBS PB2 powered peanut butter
Splash of SF peanut butter syrup
Splash of milk if too thick

Tastes just like peanut butter pie to me. YUM
StartWeight:264
Surgery date 11/23        
Most Active