I own 2 donut shops and...

traciez
on 2/10/12 12:36 am - OK
VSG on 01/17/12
 The only time i have EVER craved a donut is when i was pregnant.... Until now! I never want anything until someone says no you cant have that!! I tell you what i have did everything to keep myself busy in here that i have ran out of cleaning! I even repainted the whole shop lol I am pretty positive i have the cleanest donut shop in the world of donut shops lol What in the hell was i thinking!! I need a new business hahahaha
             Tracie
~*Lifes a garden, dig it*~

TheBiscuit
on 2/10/12 12:38 am - TX
 That is torture. I LOVE the smell of donuts. Funny, I don't think they taste that good. I'd rather have cheesecake if you're going to offer me something that's terrible for me, heh! They do smell divine, though. Thankfully I know what a doughy, fluffy piece of food is going to do to my insides, so I have NO desire whatsoever to even think about it!
MelissaMommyto5
on 2/10/12 1:54 am
VSG on 02/16/12
I'd definately be looking for a new line of work if I were you!  That would be torture.  I'm glad you've found ways to redirect your anxieties over not eating the donuts.  Good luck with it!

frenchgrapes
on 2/10/12 1:57 am - TX
Oh my - that has got to be something else surrounded by all that fatty/sugary goodness with all the great baking smells.

Fortunately for me, since my sleeve, I've not had any cravings other than the couple of times my tastebuds told me it was time to add some new foods to the routine. Since I've been eating so differently the past 11 weeks, the thought of greasy foods kind of turns my stomach too.

Instead of changing businesses, find a way to make yummy no fat sugar free donuts that are low in calories, sugar, fat, and carbs. You'll be a billionaire in no time!
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
katier825
on 2/10/12 2:16 am
Maybe you will be like me and not enjoy them anymore. Maybe you can add some healthy snacks to the menu?
soulsister
on 2/10/12 2:25 am - NY
OMG! Donuts are my absolute forbidden, favorite food ever!   I could never own one let alone walk into one.
Atleast you found a positive outlet...cleaning!
Happy966
on 2/10/12 2:50 am

Near the top of my gratitude list is the fact that I don't have to make my living in the food industry.  OMG, I would die.  Sweet and greasy is my all-time most addictive combo, and I could eat a dozen donuts at a time if I put my mind to it.  I have no words of encouragement - I would be out of the shop already, wildly flailing my arms and running for my life!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/12 3:52 am
I also love donuts, cookies and pastries.  I have a terrible sweet tooth sometimes that still gets to me.  This is going to sound dumb but I swear it works for me....when I get a sweet craving, one that keeps calling me and calling me I go to the frig and get a Clausen dill pickle spear.  I eat one spear and the craving for sweets dissapears.  I don't know if its the vinigar in the pickle or the spice or what but I totally lose my sugar craving immediately.  Of course if you are early in your surgery you can't have a pickle but you could sip a teaspoon of the juice!  I have a granddaughter that can eat a whole jar of pickles and then drink the whole jar of remaining juice.  She never eats or craves sweets...she has been doing this for years since she was about 8 and she is 24 now...
horselovenlady
on 2/10/12 4:33 am
VSG on 04/15/13

Funny my granddaughter does the same thing.  Might sound weird but I get some sliced hamburger pickles and put a little peanut butter on them.  That helps my cravings, instead of sweets of anykind.

"Make good choices right now. Discipline doesn't always feel good but later on it yields a harvest in our lives if we make right choices." ~ Joyce Meyer ~

LB 7/2008 LB Removed 2/2012  HW:225  LW:165

Sleeve Date 4/15/2013 / HW:240  SW:228  CW:165  GW:140  HT: 5'2"

Georgie Mayhem
on 2/10/12 3:54 am - New Zealand
LOL LOL cant help from laughing, go figure aye? LOL
Very sorry to hear about your cravings, but  hopefully these cravings wont last.

Most Active
Recent Topics