Sick as a dog

BlueSkyBlue
on 2/4/12 10:04 am
VSG on 01/03/12
 So, my kids asked that I make my mom's Texas sheet cake recipe. Not a problem. Haven't wanted sweets since before surgery, however, I did give in and sample the rich coco icing, 2 teaspoons max. Unfortunatly,quickly got the foamies with heaves and severe vomiting. Now hiding in bedroom because the smell of the cake is making me sick. Will this always happen? Am I destined to never eat sugar, even in very, very small portions? Not that I will attempt again for a long long time.

moonglo82
on 2/4/12 10:12 am
VSG on 03/29/12
You'll eventually be able to handle sugar again. Just remember that your stomach is still healing, and may just not be ready for such a sweet and thick substance.

I hope you feel better soon. Be kind to yourself, and just remember that the physical limitations are, for the most part, temporary.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

landdnurse2
on 2/4/12 11:02 am - Midwest City, OK
I made a similar error 4 weeks post-op. Made some coffee and I was out of half and half. Saw some pumpkin spice full sugar creamer in the fridge. Put in 2 T and I drank while driving to work. I was sweaty and nauseated. I drank 8 ounces of water in an hour and finally felt better. I don't eat sugar and threw out the full sugar creamer.

HW 321 (9/08) SW 312 (1/11)  Pre-op 280 (11/1) Surgery 270 (12/11)
BlueSkyBlue
on 2/4/12 11:10 am
VSG on 01/03/12
 Thanks, I don' t have a problem cutting out sugar, just had no idea the kind of sickness I would feel. Crazy, I swear I used to live off sugars and carbs now I have very little interest.
moonglo82
on 2/4/12 11:33 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I wish I had little interest in carbs!  So many keep saying it's different after surgery... I hope it's that way for me too! 

Thanks for posting this.  Now I'll have something to think about post op if I am tempted to eat sugar this early out!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

ruggie
on 2/4/12 11:04 am - Sacramento, CA
Oh you can totally eat sugar again, don't sweat.

However, you have painfully learned why there's a post-op healing diet!  Sorry about your pain. 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

pedirn06
on 2/4/12 11:54 am
VSG on 01/26/12
I am so sorry for the misery you must have felt from getting so sick. 

Yesterday I got McDonalds for my daughter - I remember those wonderful, hot, salty french fries! lol problem was, it smelled so awful to me.  LOL  this is a good problem for me.
Most Active
Recent Topics