Fluid Intake

traciez
on 1/19/12 7:37 am - OK
VSG on 01/17/12
 I need help!! i am doing everything in my power to get these 64oz in and i am having such a hard time... i have a made it thru a 20 oz bottle of powerade zero, a popcicle,  2 sips of hot chocolate and just started on a 32 oz cup of ice water... i never imagined getting these fulids in would be so hard... if i sip to much its like i get a HUGE cramp in my oh so tiny tummy now... Any advice on how to get these in any easier? 
             Tracie
~*Lifes a garden, dig it*~

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/19/12 7:52 am
Small sips really often!  It's gonna feel like a full time job right now to get your fluids in.  Each day should get a little better.  Try different temp liquids as some people find hot or cold or room temp works better for them.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Ricky729
on 1/19/12 8:00 am
 thanks for that info cause I was feeling the same way pain in my chest and stomach from drinking to much.
VUUBUG
on 1/19/12 8:28 am
VSG on 01/10/12
 I find room temp is the best for me...and crystal lite added to a bottle of water works for me...4 a day!   I mix up the flavors...it really helps...I have one with me at all times!  .I'm finding it easier as each day passes...good luck

snapdragooned
on 1/19/12 9:35 am - CA
VSG on 01/05/12
I was having trouble focusing on drinking all the time.  I had to develop stupid little tricks.  I NEVER put the glass down, I have it in my hand at all times to remind myself that I'm supposed to be drinking it.  And sometimes I just have to set a goal.  Pour 2 oz of liquid, set a timer for 15 minutes, and race the damn clock.  (I particularly have to do that with the protein because I hate the way it tastes.)  As above, it is your new full time job until you find drinking easier.  Because not getting the fluids down will make you feel *lousy*.  Good luck! 
|  HW: 315  |  SW: 288  |  GW: 180  | Surgery Date: 1/5/12

Most Active
Recent Topics