1 downside to WL--youu go airborne!

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 1/11/12 12:29 pm - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
I probably won't take my second Zumba class tomorrow night.  I may not be able to move tomorrow.  On my way home tonight in the rain, I did a couple of unplanned donuts in the middle of an overpass on a busy highway.  I probably would've been still in the middle of Mr. Toad's wild ride if it hadn't been for the concrete barrier on the side of the road. 

Needless to say, my car is totaled.  I smashed all 4 corners, bashed both the front and back bumpers, took out the head lights and tail lights plus removed the paint from the entire passenger side.  Oh yeah----the rear axle is snapped in two and the car only has 3 tires now.

My poor Impala....RIP.  It's been my fav car of all time.  I've driven it for 10 years and 140,000 miles.

Despite the seatbelts, I bounced around in that seat like a ping pong ball.  My much skinnier ass cleared those heated leather seats, bounced off the door, hit the c onsole and I think was momentarily suspended in mid air.  My back is feeling it, both my shoulders hurt and I think I hit my head  on something.  Oh well....at least I'm all ok.  This is the first downside to weight loss.......I now have bones near the surface and they hurt!  The seatbelt bruised my collar bone, my hips are sore.  I don't think I would've gone airborne 85 lbs ago.

Thank God for watching out for my dumb ass.....
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
buttercupnectar
on 1/11/12 12:34 pm
So glad to see you online and not a gurney - ouch!  Watch your back and stuff for the next week.  How showers help in this way... Get in hot shower and when you get used to the temp bump it up hotter, then do it again and again until you run out of ho****er.  I do this when my back is out of whack (often thanks to an old car crash).  It works wonders and if you can take aleve (Naproxin) do so it has an anti-inflammatory in it.

Take care

BethR311
on 1/11/12 12:46 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
Oh ****! I'm glad you're okay. Screw Zumba the rest of this week, just walk and stretch enough to stay limber. I hope you sleep okay. Car wrecks are scary!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
doggz109
on 1/11/12 2:58 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Glad you survived......sorry bout the Chevy.  Take it easy for few days.
smbergie200
on 1/11/12 5:59 pm - Naples, FL
Glad your ok. Sorry to hear about the accident.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

VeronicaJ5
on 1/11/12 7:15 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Ouch! Glad you are alive!
VegasLAbound
on 1/11/12 8:02 pm - Cleveland, OH
Glad you're ok, Thats had to be a frightening few seconds.

Georgia C.
on 1/11/12 8:22 pm
 Glad you are okay but this was seriously funny :)

ktbaker77
on 1/11/12 8:59 pm - Gainesville, FL
It will take a day or two for all the hurt to show up
it will really suck when it does
hope its not too bad for you and glad you are not really injured

At this point a Jacuzzi is your friend

imkristy1
on 1/11/12 10:43 pm - WI
VSG on 02/13/12
Im so glad your ok!

Kristy  5'5"  HW-224   SW-207    GW-140   Goal reached in 40 weeks!  PRE-OP - 17    MTH 1 - 15   MTH 2 - 13    MTH 3 - 12   MTH 4 8    MTH 5 -  5    MTH 6 - 4   MTH 7 - MTH 8 -MTH 9 - 0  MTH 10 - 0

Most Active
Recent Topics