Zumba, rhythm, butt floss and an NSV (long as usual)

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 1/10/12 11:18 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Tonight I took my first Zumba class.  It was really fun but also a rude awakening.  Man those full length mirrors really are relentless in showing just how goofy you look when you are tripping over your feet.  Let me just say, this old white girl CANNOT dance.  I have as much coordination as a drunk monkey on the business end of a tazer.  By the end of the class, I was beginning to get it.  I didn't look so much like a frog in the midst of an epileptic seizure when I was doing the steps.

The worst part of the whole thing though were my drawers.  I wore my danskin capris that were just a little bit too big.  I also made the mistake of wearing a pair of nylon/rayon granny panties under them.  The more I moved, the more sliding went on between those slicky, slippery surfaces.  My capris were shimmying downward and my undies were bunching up.  My butt crack was chomping them into a wad and causing them to wind into a cord of abrasive butt floss.  About midway thru the class, I had a wedgie in the back and camel toes in the front.  Have you ever tried to do salsa moves moves in a room full of mirrors and pull your drawers out of your crack without anyone noticing?  It aint easy.

Needless to say, I'm going to wear something else on Thursday.

On my way home, I stopped by the Dollar Store to get some things and they had cheap jeans.  I bought a size 12 Missus, brought them home and I was able to zip them up.  They fit good in the butt and legs but are tight in the gut.  They are a little too tight to be comfortable but they zipped up and I COULD wear them if I wanted to.  That's another size down and they will soon be comfortable enough to wear.

I LOVE MY SLEEVE!
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
doggz109
on 1/10/12 11:23 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Crackin' me up over here.....I know the feeling.  I wear boxers but when my jeans get a bit too big.....they start pullin' the boxers down too. 
buttercupnectar
on 1/10/12 12:17 pm
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

That is all I can say!

RubyTues
on 1/10/12 12:19 pm - Canada

very descriptive post there.. I was visualizing the whole thing. LOL
So did I read correctly your DOLLAR store sells jeans? wow ours here only sell cheap toys, trinkets and brands of food I've never heard of before.

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 1/11/12 12:20 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with

Yep...jeans, sweats, scrubs, undies, T-shirts.  Kids and mens clothes too.  I figured that for $8, if they didn't work for wearing to work, I could wear them to work in the yard or something.

Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
b_scene33
on 1/10/12 12:29 pm - OH
I had my first Zumba class as well today- mine is actually called Latin Dance Aerobics, but the instructor assured me it's the same... but i sooo can understand, I always felt i could dance well on my own and it is soo much easier to dance to my own moves and do what i want, but that darn coordination thing, hands and feet and now speed it up... oooh my... i hope you had fun though, at least i was not the only goofy white girl dancing like a fool today..lol

♫♫♪♪♫Brie♫♫♪♪♫
*H:5'4" HW: 242 SW: 218.8 CW:142  GW:142*
Surgery Date 9/07/11

Solstyce
on 1/10/12 12:41 pm - WA
VSG on 02/18/12 with
LMAO!!! I totally get it- I hate when my butt eats my thong/pants! Whatever, who cares- you just keep on workin' it! :)
dancer78
on 1/10/12 1:14 pm
It's always a riot to read ur posts, u def cheered me up by forcing a laugh literally thru ur words! WTG on ur 1st Zumba trial, n here's to many more to come (hopefully w/o all the 'distractions') LOL

MargeAD
on 1/10/12 2:13 pm - CA
I have not laughed like that in a long time. Crying and getting cramps in my diaphragm while uncontrollably laughing. I think I got some cardio out of this! Thanks for the laugh!

Thenewme55
on 1/10/12 2:28 pm - WA
VSG on 01/12/12
That is TOO Funny! One of my goals is to learn to Zumba and dance my butt off (literally). I was kinda worrying about how I would look the first few times...but now I know it's okay - cause I won't be the first goofy white girl getting out there and looking less than ......well you know!

Only one more day til I'm sleeved! YAY - can't wait!

HT 5'1"~HW 224~SW 212~GW 124    VSG 1/12/12
-8 lbs pre-op Month 1 -30 lbs, M2 -8, M3 -9, M4 -6.5, M5 -6.5, M6 -6, M7 -3, M8 -4, M9 -6, M10 -6, M11 -2 , M12 -                                                                                                 "You must start with a positive attitude or you will surely end without one."