Howlong did you wait before buying new clothes?

Chana
on 1/8/12 1:34 am
momsy55
on 1/8/12 2:31 am - ME
I only had a handful of items in my closet that were one size down.  I tried thrift and consignment shops, but have had trouble finding petite length pants.  Not only do I have short legs and a long torso, but a short rise as well, so need petite for the length and to not sport the Steve Erkel look!  I did finally find a couple pair of pants at Goodwill.  I bought a few things at Wally world - jeans under $20, and a couple of tops.  I also got some exercise stuff and a couple tops at a WLS support group clothing swap.  What I desparately need now is a winter jacket.  I feel like I can fit 2 of me in my old one.  I've been getting by with a fleece vest that fits and a fleece jacket I got for $5 at Goodwill, but last week, when it was in single digits, I froze.  I'm going back to the second hand places to troll for a jacket.  BUT...when I get down to goal, look out!  I am going to buy a new wardrobe and some of the stuff won't be from Wally World and the like, though I will definitely look for sales.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

happyteacher
on 1/8/12 4:48 am
 I had a complete set of one size down and a partial set of two sizes down already from earlier years.  I am over 6 feet tall, so consignment shops for slacks are out of the question.  Old navy carries tall now, but only up to size 20.  I currently wear a loose 26, probably a 24 if I had anything in that size.  I bought 1 pair of jeans and chinos though from Old Navy to have them to try on periodically- just kind of a goal thing.  Walmart has very limited tall, but again I need to be a 20 to make it work, and this is true with most any store that carries talls.  Lane Bryant is an exception so hopefully the clearance racks will be kind to me when I am ready to go down to a size I do not own.  5 pairs of slacks though per size until I stabalize.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active