Howlong did you wait before buying new clothes?

Zedsmummy
on 1/7/12 10:18 pm - Canada
 Since I am still  relatively new sleever,  I'm really just fitting back into the clothes I had out grown before I had my surgery. However, with my recent losses I'm getting anxious to buy some new clothes.
How long did you wait or what milestones did you set for yourself before you bought  new clothes?

I think I am going to wait until I  hit 245lbs. In the past when I dieted I could never seem to get that low.Until then I'm jusst going to take in my pants at the waist so they will stay up.

Sleeved by Dr. Kelly, Tijuana BC Mexico, Decemeber 7th 2011.

PaulaS
on 1/7/12 10:24 pm - TX
I "shopped" in my closet for as long as I could, and supplemented with very few bargins, just enough to get by with.   I had one pair dress pants and one pair of jeans that I would wear till hubby said they had to go.   Several times I skipped a size going down - that was fun!
Now that I am around goal, I have shopped more.  Plus, I had nothing at all in the size I am now.   
But, that said, I still love a bargin!!! 

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
julesGA
on 1/7/12 10:53 pm - Brunswick, GA
 I'm doing the closet shopping thing too but for some weird reason I have a gap in pant sizes.  I am down to one pair of pants that fit and 2 that a way too baggy.  LOL   I have more jeans waiting on me but I probably need to lose 20-25pounds to get into them.  So, it looks like I will have to buy a pair or two to bridge that gap.  Once I go through the ones I have waiting (all the same size) then I am going to have to shop. :)

Eula "Evie" R.
on 1/7/12 10:57 pm - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi,
I wore my different size clothes that I had until I had to buy smaller clothes, then you go done in sizes so fast I just bought what I can get by with, 3 pairs pants and different tops. Save your money for your GOAL. God Bless.
Evie

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 10:59 pm
I am not a clothing horse.  Look in my closet you see a couple pairs of slacks, a couple pair of jeans, a few shirts and lots of t-shirts.  I lost so much weight so fast, I have had to buy new jeans at 30, 60 & 90 days post op.  Fortunately I lost most of my upper torso "back fat" and neck size early on so I have only needed to by new shirts for work once.  My t-shirt collection is TOTALLY shot!  Summer is gonna cost me a lot of $$$.  LOL
P_B
on 1/7/12 11:05 pm - Norfolk, VA
I have only purchased a new pair of jeans that were dirt cheap at khols.
I'm going to have to get a pair of dress pants and a nicer blouse soon because of some upcoming meetings I have for the nonprofit wi work with but I can't fathom spending money on good clothes.
Maybe hit up a thrift store!

No More Spanx
on 1/8/12 12:08 am - Rock Island, IL
I went to our local Salvation Army and found some clothes that still had their tags on for only a few dollars.  This has worked great as I went from a 18/20 to a size 6 so darn fast!!   I only now have been supplementing my wardrobe with store bought clothes, because I do not intend to loose much more.

Ohhh such problems....

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

newme2011-2012
on 1/8/12 12:13 am
I am lucky I have clothes down to a size 14 in my closet.
I was a 20 when sleeved and now a 18. SoI won't need any for a while.
After that I am going to do thrift store shopping until I get to goal weight.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

tillmadd
on 1/8/12 12:49 am - WI
 I have fallen in love with the GoodWill ....I found many treasures, it takes sometime to hunt, but have found some items with original store tags. I also started buying a few new things 20 lbs out just for celebrating my success aand energize more loss. It is the only area that I can spoil myself and not feel guilty. Also I don't want to look like my boy students with sagging pants on the ground lol!!!
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

BethR311
on 1/8/12 1:10 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I don't have much luck at Goodwill etc. I put off buying stuff as long as I could, but I'm finding saggy clothes make me feel sloppy and look bigger than I am! Walmart is a lifesaver for me. Also my job is casual so I don't have to dress up for work. I try not to spend more than $10 for a top and $20 for jeans. Bras are in the middle of that range.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Most Active