Frisco-Got Balls !!!

frisco
on 12/28/11 6:58 pm

Hey bettie,

If your getting one....couple of things....

- I used the back end of wooden skewers as tools to rotate them....I'd do one at a time to get the hang of it.

- I used it again tonight and found that I was switching the power off than on to control the heat.... don't know if it was really necessary....maybe I needed to rotate more often....any way...kinda fun.

- I used spray cooking oil the first time....thought it laid down more oil than necessary.....second time I just dabbed a little oil on a paper towel and swiped the holes.

I'm kinda looking forward to the possibilities.....little Denver Omelet balls, ham and cheese, Mexican Taco balls, all kinds of meatballs, various kinds of fish balls, bbq pork or beef balls, pizza balls, crab balls.....

Have fun with it !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Sweetitalian1
on 12/28/11 12:00 pm, edited 12/28/11 12:01 pm - CA
Oh Frisco....You have fabulous balls....lol

You know it's not what you say but how you say it.

Happy Holidays Frisco.

Sheila

GertieMae
on 12/28/11 1:49 pm - TX
My husband is Chinese and we occasionally have shrimp dumplings. It's one of the things I knew I would miss, but these might be a good alternative for me!

doggz109
on 12/28/11 4:02 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12

Nice balls!  They look good to munch on. 

jimbovsg
on 12/28/11 5:33 pm
On December 29, 2011 at 12:02 AM Pacific Time, doggz109 wrote:

Nice balls!  They look good to munch on. 

dude that is soo wrong!   just hope nobody will  copy-n-paste it to FB!  Lol!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

jimbovsg
on 12/28/11 5:41 pm
On December 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM Pacific Time, frisco wrote:

Finally had time to play with my new Baller.....

In Japan there is a popular street food called Takoyaki (Octopus Dumpling Ball) I can't really say I love them.....cause I never had them. can't get passed the Octopus part....weird cause I love Calamari....

I always thought it would be great to do other meats besides Octopus in them.....I mean anything would taste great in a egg based batter....

So I've been eying this machine at Asian Markets for a while.....It was on sale over Xmas for like $39 I think....

I've watched Takoyaki being made in Tokyo many times.... It's quite a visual to see these guys making them....like a hundred at a times.....constantly rotating them at lightning speed.... I knew the basics so it went pretty well.

The first pic here are Shrimp Balls served on a bed of cabbage with a Mayo/Sriracha drizzle.
Each Shrimp Ball ended up being about .7oz. ea. after cooking.

frisco

Ground Chicken Mixture (Think Meatloaf Mix) The top 2 have not been rotated yet.

Dude where do you buy your shrimp...... Chernobyl??    Were they mutated shrimp the size of German Sheppard's!   Didn't know shrimp even had balls!.....go figure!   Lol!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

vacationlover
on 12/28/11 11:41 pm
Katester
on 12/29/11 1:58 am
I *think* I read somewhere that a cook-book is POSSIBLY in the works...he was throwing around ideas a bit.
Most Active
Recent Topics