Bariatric Smartphone App

MTygah08
on 12/11/11 3:38 am - Pittsburg, CA
I have an android smartphone and use many applications during the day for both fun and productivity. In light of my upcoming surgery, I've been searching for an android app that helps support bariatric patients. I have yet to find one that does. 

I'd like to get thoughts and ideas from people on here on what would help better support us on a daily basis. Then bringing the ideas to an app designer to set it all in motion.
Some ideas that crossed my mind for a Bariatric App would include:
Daily / weekly protein intake log
Daily / weekly fluid intake log
Reminders/ timers (for water intake and supplements)
Syncing stored info. to OH website.

That's all I can think of at this time. Please sound off. 

Thank you

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 3:44 am
I think it's an awesome idea and I was actually looking for one.

First, I am wondering why there is no OH app... Maybe you can tell that guy to work with OH for an app for this website...

I like your ideas. What about recipes? Recipes based on stages? "Quick tips"?
MTygah08
on 12/11/11 3:51 am - Pittsburg, CA
There you go shwag! It's insight like that which I was looking for! That's definitely another great idea!

happyteacher
on 12/11/11 4:02 am
 Love the idea!
Perhaps a weight tracker...bmi tracker...mood tracker.... hunger tracker.... a place to add quick notes 
lindsayslosing
on 12/11/11 4:03 am - OK
 A way to track your progress, like a folder for your before and current pics all the way to after pics. I think having that in an ap that can keep them all organized and separate would be useful!

Follow me on youtube for my pre-op and post-op adventure!
    www.youtube.com/user/LindsaysLosing
--I want to know what it'd be like to find perfection in my pride, to see nothing in the light, or turn it off in all my spite.

MTygah08
on 12/11/11 4:05 am - Pittsburg, CA
 I'm definitely jotting down notes.

ladyshai27
on 12/11/11 4:08 am - SC
 We have the same surgery date...Keep me posted on your progress.
MTygah08
on 12/11/11 5:51 am, edited 12/11/11 5:52 am - Pittsburg, CA
 Will do. Best wishes to you also on your continued journey and success.

rainsong
on 12/11/11 4:16 am
Well first of all.. I'm a mac lover so hopefully you can look into adding an app for the iPhone/ iPad. I actually brought an app called MyNetDiary. It's not for WLS support per say, but it will allow you to keep track of protein, water, vitamins, etc. It also keeps track of my measurements, and weight of course. What I really like is that I can export all of my data to a spread sheet and email to anyone I want. i.e. my doctor. There is also a community, before and after pics, a library of articles, social networking connections. Also there is a barcode scanner and if the information doesn't show up correctly, you email the corrections and its fixed very quickly!

A lot of people on here use myfitnesspal and I have that app as well, but I like MyNetDiary much better. (i'm picking about my interfaces) Anyway I'm pretty sure there is an Android App for that as well.

leahtoo
on 12/11/11 4:17 am
 There is an app called Lose It!, you can scan in foods from the bar code as well as an extensive list of foods.  You can track protein, calories, and more.  You can also track your excercise.  
Sports Tracker is an exercise app, uses GPS, and you can track calories burned.  
These might be a good resource as a starting point.

Most Active
Recent Topics