LETS PLAY--Because of my VSG, I'm thankful for.......

slimpickins5280
on 11/23/11 12:48 am - CO

I'm thankful for:

1. Bacon being a protein
2. Greek yogurt
3. My t-shirts don't touch my stomach anymore
4. The meds I've been able to stop taking (Thyroid med, Cholesterol med, Metformin, Duiretic)
5. I can see the scale without leaning forward
6. Hair loss - yes, hair loss because it says to me that I'm losing weight
7. Having to tie my sweats and belt my jeans so they don't slip down to my ankles in public
8. Friends - I've finally told them all and they been SO supportive
9. My husband - he's awesomesauce
10. My kids - they never judge me
11. OH - sounds so corny, but I'm not sure I'd be able to do this without this forum.

Thank you to You All and Merry Thanksgiving!

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

kimbethin
on 11/23/11 4:27 am - CA
I love your #1!  I still don't eat it very often, but I do love that bacon!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
slimpickins5280
on 11/23/11 5:34 am - CO
Thanks! :-) I just had bacon this morning for the second since surgery and it was on my mind.

I don't eat it much either, but we made some on Sunday and we had a little left. It was on my mind.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

BariBariHappy
on 11/23/11 12:58 am, edited 11/23/11 12:59 am - MI
I am most thankful for the feeling of empowerment that comes with the VSG. A feeling that I am in control of my future and that I know that I can do this. I weigh less now than I have in years and years. I am wearing new "old" clothes. I am thankful that I am in a size 18 bathing suit rather than a 26/28.
I am thankful that I made the right decision to have this VSG. I wish I had done it sooner. I am thankful that it has been very non-eventful.

I am one "SUPER" thankful gal!
   HW: 291 • SW: 260 • CW: 196 • GW: 145            

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 1:38 am
I'm thankful that I'm becoming "me" again.. I don't feel trapped inside a body that I couldn't get to do the things I wanted it to do.. I'm thankful for feeling comfortable again, and that makes me very happy!
Rekeca
on 11/23/11 3:04 am - NC
I am thankful for:
1. Not having to take my Diabetes meds and my numbers are under control
2. My high blood pressure medication to be cut in half and having normal BP readings.
3. For Energy
4. To be able to wear a large and extra large shirt
5. To wear a belt
6. My kids being proud of me
7. My new addiction - shopping (although my husband wouldn't aggree)
8. Just being happy
9. All of the great things to come.
10. Being able to say no to unhealty foods.

DragonGirl
on 11/23/11 3:06 am - MN
There are so many to pick from!

1) My health.
2) My family that was supportive...and I suppose I'm thankful for the ones who weren't, also. (I'm working on that one)
3) The friends I've made, the soul Sisters (and Brothers) who, for once in my life, understand the pain I suffered being fat and the joy I have in NOT being fat.
4) My Husband being my rock through this arduous journey, I could have probably done this without him, but I thank God I didn't have to.
5) Having a boss who has been a God send and supportive
6) Wearing a size 10, and maybe an 8 when all is said and done and not having to shop in the fluffy chick section.
7) Most of all my faith getting stronger through all of this and not having to go through this without Him, either.

Thanks for posting this Soul Sister!! Love ya!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 11/23/11 3:58 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
You are very welcome!

You need to come to the beautiful Bluegrass state sometime and visit.  Maybe when I get to goal we can meet up and go find a riding stables and ride some beautiful Kentucky horses!
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
stacezoe
on 11/23/11 4:26 am
1. Getting my mojo back
2. Needing a belt
3. Wearing jr.s jeans!
4. feeling that I CAN do this
5. a couple bites being enough
6. The binge eater inside me's death
7. Knowing my weight will not keep me from meeting and loving my grandchildren some day
8. Looking forward to going to the gym...whoda thought?
9. signing up to coach my daughters Soccer team
10. Not embarassing my kids as the "fat mom'
11. getting down to a size soon where I can shop in my daugters closet!
12. My family's support
13. My second chance at life...
14. All of you wonderful supportive people who give me an outlet and understand the battles I've lived with my entire life.
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 11/23/11 4:27 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Now that I've seen some of your blessings, I want to add some more of my own,,,,,
11.  Of course my husband, for supporting me and agreeing without a blink to go $8000+ in debt for me to have this surgery
12.  To Dr. Alvarez and his staff for doing such a wonderful job and getting me through without a single complication.
13.   OH and all the wisdom that I've gained by lurking here.
14.  All you beautiful, flawed, courageous, smart, funny, generous, understanding and wonderful "sleevers" that I have come to love on this board.
15.  For answered prayers and God's protection---He guided me in the  decsion to not just have VSG but to have it done in a foreign country by a doctor I'd never met.  After praying about it, researching it and talking to several of you, I felt a complete peace and confidence that it was the right thing to do and that I would be all right.   
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Most Active
Recent Topics