One year ago today I had Vsg surgery!!!

jenni80
on 11/16/11 9:02 pm
Wow I haven't been on here since April of may this last year. Not because I didn't want to but my life became crazy & busy.  I had vsg surgery 1 year ago & it has changed my life in so many ways.  I now realize before surgery I had really low self esteem.  my self confidence is through the roof now.  I did file for a divorce from my husband.  We didn't have a good marriage, he had done alot to me & I just felt good about myself & realized I don't need to stay with someone like this anymore, i deserve so much better.  I did get gallstones & this summer I had my gallbladder removed, that became really hard because in the same day I came out of that surgery they had to transport me to another hospital to remove a mass of gallstones i had & when that happened one of the risks is developing pancreatitis, which yay lucky me, I got & had to spend 2 weeks in the hospital.  I have a beautiful 13yr old daughter & a 7 yr old son who I am raising on my own now & it gets hard sometimes but I also work & will be graduating cosmetology school in January.  I had been wanting to do this for a longtime & had started a few years back but never finished & now my motivation is so strong & I also know what a good example I am setting for my children.  It took me 5 years to have the vsg surgery.  I didn't have insurance, when I did they wouldn't cover the surgery so I opted to go to Mexico.  I had to try & save the money but lost it when my ex husband got a d.u.i.  I cried alot because I never thought it would happen for me but it did & now here I am 1 year later & yes my life is stressful & hard for the fact I'm a single mom (to a daughter who just started Jr high,lol,scary) & I go to school & work full time but I wouldn't trade it for what my life was before ever.  I had a girl at school come up to me & said jenny not only are you beautiful on the outside but your really beautiful on the inside & that made me feel really good.  If your thinking about surgery or just had surgery do it, you will not regret it.  I feel so good & now that I'm single I go out on alot of dates & just have fun.  I know in the beginning it's a little rough but you are reteaching your mind & body what normal eating is.  I struggled because at first I wanted to eat how I normally did & the healing & the fatigue but it was all so worth it now.  I really eat what I want but its in such small amounts.  I dont follow a diet plan, not saying that is the right thing to do but I more just listen to my body.  I absolutely hate diets & feel that is what made me fat in the first place & now I just practice healthy eating but don't beat myself up if i have sweets or chips or whatever.  I'm truly truly grateful for all my friends i have made through here.  they are amazing & my lifelong friends.  Thanks, Jenny!!!

Jeanette  

doggz109
on 11/16/11 9:07 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
WOW..........let me try to pick my jaw off the floor!!!! 

I would have said that from your before pics too.....but you sure did rock that sleeve!  Especially with all the drama you have dealt with....way to go. 

How much did you lose?
jenni80
on 11/16/11 9:12 pm

Thank you,  I lost 115 lbs all together. still shocking to me that i lost that much but it feels amazing.  :)

Jeanette  

Ms. Poker Face
on 11/16/11 9:25 pm
WOW!  You rocked it!  You look like a different person!  Before and now you are beautiful!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Tina C.
on 11/16/11 9:27 pm - Stacy, MN
wow, you look amazing!!!  I am being sleeved on Dec. 14th and can't wait!!!

Nancy B.
on 11/16/11 9:38 pm - Bridge City, TX
VSG on 08/27/11 with
You look great!  I'm sure all the changes in your life are a little scary and overwhelming, but you're doing a great job and setting a wonderful example for your kids!
-Nancy 

HW 238    Starting Weight 227   Surgery Weight 212   CW 155
Height 5'5"            Lost 9 lbs. pre-op, and another 6 lbs. on the liquid diet.
howarli
on 11/16/11 10:28 pm - MD
you look great!!

VegasLAbound
on 11/16/11 11:26 pm - Cleveland, OH
I am 6 weeks out and you are truly my reason for continuing the journey. I see it has been a year for you and I want to gage my success a year from my surgery date. Congratulations on the changes and progress not only physically but in your entire life.

slimpickins5280
on 11/16/11 11:42 pm - CO
Wowza!

You look fantastic!

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

wls2011
on 11/16/11 11:45 pm - Ballston Lake, NY
 wow! way to go! you look amazing....and glad to hear that you have your life back on track...stay strong... 

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Most Active
Recent Topics