Protein Powder Find

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 11/16/11 1:52 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with

Although I am 7.5 months out, I still use a daily protein supplement to assist in getting my 80 gm of protein in.  I only use one in the morning and it seems to help quell the carb cravings and hunger.  I've tried them all (hate the fruity ones) and they either were too sweet, made me want to barf or gave me the runs.  Lately even my usual fav  has gotten kinda nasty tasting.

Soooo....I found something the other day that I thought I'd try.  It's Kroger's Whey and Soy Protein.  My store had it in Vanilla and Chocolate.  It comes in a 16 oz container (about 15 servings) and is about $16.  It's actually pretty good.  I mix mine with 8 oz skim milk--can't stand any of them with jus****er..........blech!

It has 25 gm of protein, 115 cals and 2 carbs per serving (2 scoops).  With skim milk it's 195 cals, 14 carbs and 33 gm protein.

This morning, after mixing it up really well, I nuked it in the microwave and had it as hot chocolate.  Didn't clump and tasted great! 

Here's the nut into  http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/kroger/whey-and- soy-protein---chocolate

Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
SleeveRockn Chic
on 11/16/11 4:41 am
 I just found this the other day myself.  It cost me 10.00 for the container and I bought the Vanilla.  I am using for my pumpkin mousee so I can eat a treat and get protein in and also using it in my teas.  Someone posted the other day about Celestial Seasons having a Sugar Cookie tea and I found out they have Candycane too.  These teas have pretty much nothing in them but great flavor.  After much searching, off to buy some today yum yum lol  I might have to try the Chocolate protein from Kroger  too.  I'm using the vanilla protein to add to stuff for extra protein.  I already have a good protein drink I like on it's own with jus****er lol imagine that.  And yeah I totally surprised by the nutritional value on the Kroger stuff.  Go Kroger!!! lol  Kerry 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
 HW: 365lbs.  SW:353  CW:182.4  GW:160 lbs.
Goal 1: Get under 300 (Reached as of 11/15/2011 299.4 Baby) 
Goal 2- Get under 200 (Reached as of 08/29/2012 199.2 Baby) 
Goal 3- Get to 160

Most Active
Recent Topics