stretching out stoma

greatmomof2
on 11/15/11 5:01 am - CA
Good Afternoon fellow members,
I was just wondering practically almost everytime after i eat, i start to vomit. I eat until i feel full or start burping but as soon as that  feeling comes i will throw up(it's just alot of saliva). Is this normal and am i on my way to strecthing out my stoma. I am just barely going to hit my four mos. I have lost 49 and half lbs so i know i'm doing good. I am just afraid of stretching out the stoma....help!!!

edelu
on 11/15/11 5:06 am - los angeles, CA
You don't have a stoma.  You have a stomach and what most will tell you on here is to weigh your food and not use "feeling full" to be when you stop eating.  for myself by the time that full feeling hits it's too late, I've eaten too much.  Buy a cheap scale, measure out your food 2Oz protein and when it's done., you're done. eying your food doesn't work either this early out.  It's like your brain cannot accept that you are just going to eat so little and be satisfied.
greatmomof2
on 11/15/11 5:19 am - CA
just the other day i had read of someone wanted a revision because he stretched out his stoma because he gained 20 lbs so that was stuck in my head. thank you for the info i will definetly invest in a scale
edelu
on 11/15/11 5:25 am, edited 11/15/11 5:25 am - los angeles, CA
Bed bath and beyond has one for $5.00.  0 if you have one of those coupons they deluge you with.  it was my best investment post surgery.  It's really hard for your head to understand the small amount but your stomach won't play with you at all.  I too learned that the hard way.  also there is the whole, your head wants more constantly. We didn't get fat because we put the fork down.

PS.How did you like your surgeon?  My girlfriend just had a consultation with him.
USAF Wife
on 11/15/11 5:46 am
I measure my food by volume with measuring cups since the stomach does NOT recognize weighted food. Some people measure with a scale and that works for them, however, it didn't work for me. So, I measure by volume. If I can't measure with cups, I use visuals such as a deck of cards is about 3oz or a matchbox is about 1oz. This is practice is essential for me to stay successful and not overeat.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Paige V.
on 11/15/11 5:55 am - Gainesville, FL
measure measure measure...

there are times I measure my 2 oz and take a bit and realize I am full far too late. I often just spit that piece out in a napkin, because if I do not I feel very sick.

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

Zee Starrlite
on 11/15/11 11:34 pm
Oy, sorry!  First we don't have a stoma and second THROWING UP IS NEVER NORMAL.  YOU SHOULD NOT BE "VOMITTING" practically every time you eat.  This is not good.  You do not want to hurt yourself no - by your name I see you have 2 kids.  It would be selfish to not have this problem checked.

Please become more knowledgable about your surgery and work with it (coming to this forum is a great step and I commend you).  Do not eat until you feel full, so full that you begin to burp and slime.  If you feel you can't control the amount you are eating, please use some measuring tools and only eat what you measure.

All the best to you.
L.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy