Somethings never change

GAFROMVA
on 11/8/11 9:12 am - Alexandria, VA
VSG on 12/08/10 with

I’m down 200+ lbs, and I’ve come to realize that not matter how much weight I lose.. shoe shopping is going to suck.. I can buy clothes off the rack and it feels great, but shoes are never in stock.. It sucks having big, wide feet. I went from size 14 3E to 13 2E. I drove to 5 different shoe stores, and couldn’t find a single size 13 shoe, but they had tons of 14 3E, which they never had when I wore a size 14 . I hate ordering shoes online.. so I went to the one store I vowed never to step into again..The dreaded big and tall, just my lucky they had plenty of shoes that could fit.

thanks for reading my little rant...
Glen
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. 

HW: 565, Surgery Day: 486 CW: 319
46_11tobeme
on 11/8/11 9:14 am - NJ
Well, you know what they say about the size of a mans feet and the size of his......

Sorry but i had to say it :) 

Mom4Jazz
on 11/8/11 9:27 am
I feel your pain. And to make it worse, big size women's shops generally don't carry big (size 12) wide shoes. Only one place in town does and by the price you know they are PROUD of their shoes!

Sorry you're having such troubles.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

LollyOlly
on 11/8/11 9:58 am - NJ
As a big foot a girl, I often have to order shoes, but I find it best when I'm in the store asking them to order the size for me.  That way I don't pay for shipping costs, they usually deliver to my home and I get to return them to the store.  Of course this is no fast solution, since you have to wait a few days before you know if they fit, but it beats store hopping all day.

BTW - Way to go on the double century weight loss!!!

Ulysses
on 11/8/11 10:01 am

I hear you man. I have lost about 175 pound, but I still wear a size 15.
I usually walk into a shoe store and just ask what they have in a 15....Usually its nothing.
I always order online and keep a constant vigil on eBay for bargains. In a way I'm glad they have not shrunk, otherwise I would have had to replace literally 2000.00+ in shoes.

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

momsy55
on 11/8/11 10:53 am - ME
I definitely hear and share your frustration!  I too have wide feet.  Though my shoes are a little looser, basically, I don't have lots of extra fat on my feet, so they will remain quite wide.  I take a jazz dance class, and buying dance shoes wide enough has been difficult.  They only had 1 pair of men's shoes, and several unisex pairs.  The men's pair only came in medium width, which is comparable to women's wide.  I need men's wide, so I just ordered a new pair that lace ups, hoping I'll have a little more wiggle room.  Congrats on the great weight loss!!!!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Most Active
Recent Topics