Pre-op High blood pressure

Zedsmummy
on 11/9/11 3:35 am - Canada
I am hoping to have VSG in December in Mexico. I had a medical appointment today and my BP was high 120/100. I have never had high BP before and the nurse said that they might not do the surgery if my BP is that high. Does anyone know if this is true?

I was a little anxious today, as I am sure I will be before surgery which is what I think caused my BP to be elevated. I am now worried I'll get all the way to mexico and be nervous about the surgery causing my BP to go up and have them say they won't do it.

kimberleyann
on 11/9/11 3:43 am, edited 11/9/11 3:43 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
the important thing is to let your surgeon know, so he can decide before you travel to see him. Only he can tell you what is acceptable.  As Doctors who work with primarily obese people they must see high BP all the time.

Also if your BP is usually normal, this could just be a anomally or caused by nerves. Check your BP a few times.

Kim_M
on 11/9/11 5:10 am - LaPorte, TX
I had sever high blood pressure.aThey said I was at toxic levels of meds on meds mine ran 180/115 that my dear is stroke and heart attack range and that was on meds.My drs. recommended the wls due to my hp.Yes it was high am of surgery AI remember hubby saying if I didnt stroke out on table I had it beat. Well here I am off all meds and normal bp no diabetis and no meds at all. Place a call set your mind at ease.Anxious will make it spike just like xrcersice will hence why I couldnt work out or even try before surgery lol .I love my life and at a constant run now

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Most Active