OT--I apologize ahead of time. We are NOT like this!

MamaCCK
on 11/7/11 10:58 am
I am from Minnesota.  Ever seen the movie Fargo??  Hate Hate Hate that movie, makes us all look royally stupid.  Just thought I would chime in. 

DragonGirl
on 11/7/11 10:25 pm - MN
Sorry for hijacking this post but wanted to give ya a shout out! I'm from MN, too, and Dr. July performed my VSG out of Unity! Nice to see folks from our neck of the woods on OH!!

Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
SassyItalian
on 11/7/11 11:10 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Eh, everyone has to have a gimmick to get on air. Sorry you are offended..

Though being an Italian girl from New Jersey...you can imagine the stereotypes that stick in my craw..

But they are just that, stereotypes, not true representations..so now I can tune into Real Housewives of NJ, Jersey Shore, and Sopranos and become a temporary guidette for an hour or epidode.

If you cant beat em, join em
GTL!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Milo_529
on 11/7/11 11:12 am
I feel your pain.  I'm from WV.  Yes, I have indoor plumbing, I wear shoes when I go out, I'm not married to or dating any of my relatives, and no, Deliverance is not set here. I'm not on welfare, I don't have a car up on blocks in the front yard, or a bunch of hounds under my back porch. I did, however, call my Grandmother "Granny".  LOL

USAF Wife
on 11/7/11 9:06 pm
On November 7, 2011 at 7:12 PM Pacific Time, Milo_529 wrote:
I feel your pain.  I'm from WV.  Yes, I have indoor plumbing, I wear shoes when I go out, I'm not married to or dating any of my relatives, and no, Deliverance is not set here. I'm not on welfare, I don't have a car up on blocks in the front yard, or a bunch of hounds under my back porch. I did, however, call my Grandmother "Granny".  LOL
This had me almost rolling in the floor. My husband is from WV, and you described his family SPOT ON. I know that sounds horrible, but I'm so grateful he got out of there at such a young age by joining the Air Force. I love his family, BUT good lordy, I'm from Texas, grew up on a farm, so I'm not being stuck up (okay so maybe I am a little) BUT, there is a vast difference between "Texas country living" and "West Virginia Mountain Country living".

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 9:20 pm
 I'm from Texas, grew up on a farm, so I'm not being stuck up (okay so maybe I am a little) BUT, there is a vast difference between "Texas country living" and "West Virginia Mountain Country living".

& THIS made me laugh :)

i'm from NYC & now on a ranch in Texas - my NY friends / family think i live in overalls, chew tobacco, & shower outdoors.   well not that bad, but close 
USAF Wife
on 11/7/11 9:29 pm, edited 11/7/11 9:31 pm
On November 8, 2011 at 5:20 AM Pacific Time, redbabe08 wrote:  I'm from Texas, grew up on a farm, so I'm not being stuck up (okay so maybe I am a little) BUT, there is a vast difference between "Texas country living" and "West Virginia Mountain Country living".

& THIS made me laugh :)

i'm from NYC & now on a ranch in Texas - my NY friends / family think i live in overalls, chew tobacco, & shower outdoors.   well not that bad, but close  My husband says that I'm a "Citified country girl", I love country music, I can do all the dances (NOT LINE DANCING), I spent most of my 20's in honky tonks, and love, love country living, but I am extremely spoiled to city life.

If you're familiar with North Central Texas, I grew up in a TINY (literally 21 graduating seniors my year),  rural, town in Parker County called Poolville, Texas and we pronounce it "Poohville".  So, that's just about as country as you can get in Texas. We raised pigs, sheep, had horses, and I was active in FFA. Truly, a country girl. I've probably castrated, dehorned, and helped birth more animals than most girls ever see.

I'm super girly, but super outdoorsy too. My husband swears it's the best of both worlds. I even know how to change my own flat tires and oil. Bait my own fishing hooks, and own my guns. But, I am extremely girly, and stuck up LOL.

One of my goals post-VSG was to be able to wear Cruel Girl western jeans, but I can't find them here in Florida so I plan on getting a couple of pairs when we travel back to TX for Christmas this year.

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 9:48 pm
i do know where "poohville" is!!!   i'm in north west ellis county - so not too far from parker co.

my husband is SO impressed with my "country learning"....just took me 4 times to break the john deere before i got is down .   

i use to be SO against guns - till coyotes got my jack russell several yrs ago & now i have NO problem shooting those suckers.   i'm a work in progress, have a horse, cows, lost all my chickens to coyotes & plan to get more once i'm healed from revision.

i LOVE TX - it's home now, though DH laughs when i'm wearing ugg boots in the barn.   he calls me carm in the country, short for carmela soprano.

USAF Wife
on 11/7/11 9:56 pm
On November 8, 2011 at 5:48 AM Pacific Time, redbabe08 wrote:
i do know where "poohville" is!!!   i'm in north west ellis county - so not too far from parker co.

my husband is SO impressed with my "country learning"....just took me 4 times to break the john deere before i got is down .   

i use to be SO against guns - till coyotes got my jack russell several yrs ago & now i have NO problem shooting those suckers.   i'm a work in progress, have a horse, cows, lost all my chickens to coyotes & plan to get more once i'm healed from revision.

i LOVE TX - it's home now, though DH laughs when i'm wearing ugg boots in the barn.   he calls me carm in the country, short for carmela soprano.

CLASSIC ! ! !

I miss Texas tremendously. We are stationed in NW Florida (near Pensacola) so it's really like Lower Alabama, and not the stereotypical "Miami" Florida living. We have amazing beaches, but we have more pine trees than we have palm trees.

We were in MA before this assignment and least to say this Southern girl told her husband that if he EVER, I mean EVER, put down a "northern" tier assignment on his dream sheet again, I would make him go by himself, and he could just deal with us not being with him HA. Plus, I have no idea how to drive in the snow/ice so I was pretty much a hermit from November to March while we were there. I won't ever choose to live in the NE again. I'd love to live in NY or NJ, but those NorEastern states about killed me.

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 11:28 am
I'm in Georgia. Don't get me started on stereotypes.
Most Active
Recent Topics