Get back on the workout wagon... Encouragement

Nurse_Audrey
on 10/29/11 9:20 pm - Houston, TX
Soooooo...... I fell off the workout wagon....... I was going to the gym 3 days a week....... I'm trying to convince myself to get my butt back in gear but it's so difficult. In my defense I stopped because I hurt my back at work and the doc told me to take a couple weeks off working out. Well it has been 4 weeks and my back is better and now I don't want to go back to it.... That's why I came to post today cause hey it's Sunday fresh start to the week the holiday is about to begin and I gotta get back in gear and posting makes me feel like I told someone Im going to do it and if I don't I'm kindda breaking my promise. So I have this group of old workout tapes which are awesome that I have used before and I know they really work if you put yourself to it. They are beach body tapes called slim in 6 and last time I used them I lost alot of weight. So I usually stretch these tapes out to 9 weeks. I guess this will be week 1.... So Im gonna make myself go do this..... Any second now.......any encouragement out there would be great. I'm so close to my goal I can taste it....... Ok I'm really going to do it now...... Really............. Blahhhhh

Butterflykisses455
on 10/29/11 11:16 pm - Zeeland, MI
VSG on 04/16/14
 According to your ticker's you only have 17lbs to go?  Don't lose it now girlfriend YOU CAN DO IT!  Look how far you've come already... I haven't started my journey yet LOL Keep up the awesome work girl you look wonderful!!!!

~Molly~

abrown8434
on 10/29/11 11:41 pm - VA
Awww Audrey, thanks for posting this! I need to get back to working out too! I have been going through some things this week but I owe myself good health so I'm with you--back to it!

You can do it! So while we are in this mood, I am going to workout right now! Best of luck to you and get her done!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Happy966
on 10/30/11 12:44 am

You go, Audrey!!  Thanks for posting this!!

Exercise is a big challenge for me.  Every fiber in my being resists up until the moment I start.  But it's important to do to take care of myself!  I do Pilates and I cried after I went back following surgery.  I felt like I'd lost it all!  But it came back faster than I imagined and I feel back on track.

Zumba has been harder - 2 classes so far - going next week, too.  Haven't found I love it yet, but it isn't bad!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

BethR311
on 10/30/11 1:26 am - Fort Wayne, IN
The first steps of any journey are the hardest!  You know this, we all do!  So get up!  You may ache afterwards but the feeling of satisfaction knowing you did something good for yourself that you needed to do is priceless! 

Let us know how it goes!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
abrown8434
on 10/30/11 2:30 am - VA
Audrey,

I can't wait to hear about your workout! I got so excited I did two Taebo workouts!!! 45 mins for the first and 50 mins for the second! (Boy did I feel the difference in not working out but it was worth it!)

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Nurse_Audrey
on 11/1/11 10:31 am - Houston, TX
Ok so I did get up and work out right after I posted!!!! yay And wow now am I in pain!!!!! ouch..... but Im not giving up so Im going to do another video tonight and keep going after that I just needed a little push and a remider what Im doing this for! Thanks guys and to those of you in my same spot get up get to it you CAN do it!!!! And yeah its awful up until you push play and get started then its over before you know it!
Most Active