has any tried/heard of the HCG drops

mstiffany2u2
on 10/5/11 9:18 am - VA
a lot of women im talking to are doing them and loosing....just wanted to see if anyone has tried it
Soosy
on 10/5/11 9:36 am - TX
I used them last December for 6 weeks. Lost 30 lbs. Went for another go at phase one after a 3 week waiting period. Didn't do so well that time. Ended up gaining back 20 between April-July when I started my pre-op diet.

It definately influenced changes in my diet. I haven't had Dr. Pepper since last year and gave up all carbonated bevs when I started hcg. I also quit eating fast food and cut out many carbs, all because of the hcg diet. But I had still gained weight after stopping the drops.

I know several ppl who have had great results with the hcg plan.
~Susan
http://samesoosy.blogspot.com
VSG: September 13, 2011   HW:285    SW:253

mstiffany2u2
on 10/5/11 9:52 am - VA
thanks for the insight.....im sticking to my surgery just wanted to see if anyone has done it before
Hislady
on 10/5/11 9:53 am - Vancouver, WA

Don't waste your money, this nonsense diet has been around forever and it didn't work way back when and it doesn't work now. Oh you may lose a few lbs. but as soon as you eat like normal again the weight comes right back. Save your money for new cute clothes after surgery!

mstiffany2u2
on 10/5/11 11:07 am - VA
thanks..the word clothes was all the inspiration i needed....i said today i sure cant wait to but my small clothes....
USAF Wife
on 10/5/11 11:34 am
If you check the Mayo Clinic website, it specifically states that the limited 500 calorie diet is responsible for the weight loss, and that HCG has very little effect on true results. Once it is stopped, regain is inevitable just like with any other appetite suppressant and crash dieting attempt.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/11 12:56 pm
DH has a friend that tried it. He was all gung-ho for the first couple of weeks and stayed on the 500 calorie diet. Then apparently the placebo effect wore off. DH said he came to work one day and said that it was completely bogus and he had lost all faith in the dr. that put him on it. 

I'm seeing a lot of signs around town in front of diet centers about it. It must be the new fad.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/5/11 1:00 pm - Tuvalu

It's a wonderful program for the people selling that crap.

(I had a neighbor who did that back around...I think I was about 20 or 21...I'm almost 65 now...it was a while ago.  Didn't work then and it works just as well now.)

What "works" is being on a starvation diet...but only for a while.
redsnapper1975
on 10/5/11 1:33 pm
Is that the pregnancy hormone?  Does it throw you into a hormonal wreck???  After going through the ups and downs of 2 pregnancies, I can't imagine willingly subjecting myself to that!
~ Kim

doggz109
on 10/5/11 3:29 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Complete and utter crap.
Most Active
Recent Topics