All you yankees are gonna laugh but shutup...it aint funny

Jasonm11
on 10/3/11 10:02 am
So I have now lost about 130ish pounds....don't feel like doing the math....

The weather outside is totally awesome...cool but sunny...perfect fall southeast texas weather....until this morning....I get dressed in the usual work clothes...jeans and a short sleeve button up shirt....

Step outside and HOLY FRICKIN COW IM FREEZING MY TESTICLES OFF!!!!!  MY GOSH IT WAS FRICKIN COLD.....

After rushing to the car and trying to dig the keys out of my pocket while shivering and shaking so much, I look at the temp guage in the car....49 degrees.....I'd be wearing shorts and tshirts and sweating at 49 degrees last year....I may have to buy a jacket for the first time in my life.....

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
IrishColleen
on 10/3/11 10:04 am - Owosso, MI
 LOL!!   LOL!!!   One laughing Yankee here in Michigan!!

It got down to 35 here last night!  I finally turned on the furnace.  

But it's gorgeous tonight.  Around 65, sunny,  great night for a walk with the hubster.

Sorry to hear about the testie's!  

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
Jasonm11
on 10/3/11 10:10 am
We're at about 70 right now....windows and doors open and a cool breeze blowing through...i'm loving this but I can tell it'll be too cold soon and I'll be rushing through the house closing everything up lol....Not that it ever gets really cold....I think the lowest last year was about 20 for a day or two....well actually the pre-op appt was on the 'snow storm' day that hit Dallas right before or after the super bowl when Dallas was shut down...low got to about 13 if i remember right and I was 'comfortable' even if it was cold....I'm pretty sure now I'd just stay indoors with blankets all over me lol....down here where I am(right on the Texas, Louisiana border by the gulf of mexico) the low is generally rarely below freezing for more than a couple hours....once a year we may have to wrap th pipes....but rarely really cold....I'm gonna be hating this this year....

jessicae
on 10/3/11 11:56 am
i am laughing too as a nj girl, however what a great thing to look back on and realize that you may need a new jacket! 

on a side note, i was in austin tx in february when the "snow storm" of 5/8 inch hit and was laughing while watching the cars trying to get up hills from my hotel room.  glad i got to experience the "cold" weather of texas while i was down there, because it warmed up to 65 later that day and everything melted anyway!  :) 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

ready2Bhealthy2
on 10/3/11 10:07 am
LMAO...I'm a proud Yankee and that mess was funny!  Go get your winter coat and be proud of it!  Woohoo 130ish lbs is freaking awesome!
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
Ulysses
on 10/3/11 10:16 am

I have ALWAYS been hot----and was a "sweater' even if it was cold.
I hope that all changes but the weather here has been in the 80s - 90s.
I think 49 degrees is shorts weather, but I may have to buy some testicle warmers this winter.
Congrats on the 130 something pounds!!!

Jason

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

tripmom02
on 10/3/11 10:31 am - NJ
 Would you like me to knit you one of these? 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Jasonm11
on 10/3/11 10:42 am
I assure you by the time I got the keys out of my pocket, those would have fallen off and be laying on the ground as cold as i was....my voice even seemed slightly higher today lol

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/11 11:02 am
tripmom02
on 10/3/11 11:09 am - NJ
 HA HA the measurments would have to be self taken, otherwise my husband might get a little upset LOL 

On year we where headed to two different White Elephant Christmas parties. One was a group of close friends with a similar sense of humor so I knit one of these as our grab bag gift to put in the mix, the other party was at church. When I asked the husband to grab the gift on the way out the door to the church party, can you guess which package he grabbed and ended up in the church grab bag? Yeah, you guessed it, the penis warmer ended up being opened by our pastor. 

It's a good thing they know me, and everyone had a good laugh!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics