HOME!

Carpe_Diem
on 10/1/11 1:57 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Just got back from Mexico via San Diego.  I'm feeling pretty good but starting to get a serious case of "head hunger".  What I wouldn't give for a nice juicy hamburger.  I watched my wife eat one today and I could almost taste it.  I feel that my sense of taste and smell has increased substantially.  I never liked Mexican food...could never eat it.  Now the mere smell of it makes me want to gag.  It's all good, I can't think of a Mexican restaurant up here in Mississauga.  I'm sure there must be one and I should find out so I can be sure to avoid it!!  The problem is that I know about 50 burger joints!!  Living with whey in the meantime.  Cheers!
                                     GRAVITY SUCKS  
          LEAD, FOLLOW, or GET OUT OF THE WAY !     
kimbethin
on 10/1/11 2:09 pm - CA
Welcome home!  Head hunger is a drag!  I won't tell you what my obsession was because it really goes with a burger!  Thank goodness I'm past that now (mostly)
putting one foot in front of the other...        
tanieanie
on 10/1/11 2:37 pm - WI
Congrats on your sleeve.   Make sure your taking your PPI and stop watching your wife eat.  LOL

Jackie00
on 10/1/11 11:42 pm
Welcome to the losers bench.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

AllaP
on 10/1/11 11:50 pm - Vaughan, Canada
 Try to avoid the smell of food. At least that's what I'm doing and it seems to work for me.My family knows not to eat around me and not to talk about food. BTW I'm from Totonto too. Come to our support meetings. They're awsome.

Alla
percheron
on 10/2/11 12:51 am
Congratulations on your surgery!  Hang in there, stick to the water and protein.

Head hunger is just that...in our heads. 

For me, I'm only a month out, but I am now able to cook my family supper and even baked a goodie box of cookie to go to Iraq this morning and didn't sample even one cookie. 

The head hunger still remains for me, I'm just better at realizing it isn't my stomach or body telling me it's time to eat, it is my past bad habits telling me to eat. 

I love to cook Italian food and over the weekend cooked chicken parmesean and lasagna for the family...my safe meal was "shelley's baked ricotta"   that is on this site.  She and Fesco have some amazing recipe ideas and so be sure to look them up.

Best of luck to you, I'm sure you will do great!! 

baycatcher
on 10/2/11 10:16 am
hey stew ,that mexican soup was good at the hotel.i am down 15,but i want
a salad.
             gary
kimberleyann
on 10/2/11 10:31 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Welcome back, glad everything went well. Rock that new sleeve of yours. 9 days till I get my new sleevie.
Most Active
Recent Topics