WHAT ARE SOME GOOD POWDER PROTEIN SHAKES

precious_diamond38
on 9/27/11 4:58 am - VA
DO U HAVE TO BUY THEM ONLINE OR CAN U PURCHASE IN THE STORE?
joie_de_sleeve
on 9/27/11 5:13 am - IN
I buy it online from the hospital where I had my surgery. I'm guessing there are other online stores that sell it too, though.

http://womenshealthboutique.ofgproducts.com/product/inspire-protein-powder-1099.cfm

VSG 7/26/11

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

SassyItalian
on 9/27/11 4:49 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
whatever vanilla powder you chose here is a recipe for a pumpkin pie shake:

1/4 cup pure pumpkin
1 cup skim milk or soy milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup light cool whip
1 cup ice
2 single serve packets Splenda (or to your taste)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
Blend and eat!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

precious_diamond38
on 9/27/11 4:57 am - VA
I NEED TO GIVE THIS RECIPE TO MY COWORKER ...SHE IS HAVING HER SLEEVE IN NOVEMBER AND SHE WAS LOOKING FOR A NICE PUMPKIN SWEET POTATO SHAKE SHE WILL BE SO HAPPY LOL..
Eileen36
on 9/27/11 5:23 am - PA
I like Designer Whey because it's the consistency of chocolate milk, so it's not thick like a lot of the other ones. However, 1 scoop is only 18 grams of protein, so I mix it with skim plus milk to get some extra protein from it.
Eileen

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 6/8/12!! - LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift & Medial Thigh Lift             
califsleevin
on 9/27/11 6:02 am - CA
The best protein powder is the one you will use; the "best" ultra low carb/ultra high pro product does no good if it gags you. Try some samples from some of the online sellers and smaller quantities of the locally available brands. I've been playing with these things for years, since my wife rejected them after her WLS. I started by blending them into the instant breakfasts that I was having, and that still works. At the moment, I have settled on the EAS powder that I usually get at Target - the chocolate is fairly delicately flavored, the protein taste is not overly strong or objectionalbe, and I can add a little unsweetened cocoa or SF hersheys syrup to boost the chocolate flavor and cut the sweetness as desired with a negligible carb/calorie impact. The Unjury unflavored (not tasteless, just not flavored with anything) powder is the best that I have found for non-chocolate applications.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Jackie00
on 9/27/11 7:33 am
I am almost two weeks out and still having trouble with protein drinks. Why must they taste so bad? I have tried lots pre op and still cannot find my magic one. Oh well a few more weeks but still I know I will probably have to have at least 1 a day to keep my protein up for the next few months. I need help lol, actually there is this cookies and creme one at the store I went to that the buyer said I might like. I can tolerate the strawberry/kiwi juice mix so I might just end up staying with that.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Britt U.
on 9/27/11 8:22 am - Mill Creek, WA
Protein shakes tasted and felt different to me after surgery. They seem overly sweet and many now make me gag (like the Isopure fruit stuff I loved before surgery). The Premier at Costco do in a pinch because they're easy but I don't like how they taste too much.

Right now what I can stand are:

Isagenix vanilla - you have to buy them from a rep or sign up but they taste very natural to me and they are a meal replacement in addition to protein so lots of vitamins and other goodies. This has worked for me all the way through and I vary it up by what I mix it with and adding fruit. They have to be blended with ice for me.

Syntrax Nectar - fruit flavors and they don't gag me like the Isopure.

Wonderslim - can order online in a variety of puddings, hot choc or coffee, and shakes. I also like their mushie foods like chili and sloppy joe mix. My favorites in the pudding/shake category are the cheesecake, vanilla hot choc or capuccino, or the toffee.

krystals
on 9/27/11 9:52 am - TX
Hi my mom was on Isagenix and decided not to do it and she gave the choc and van to me in zip lock bags. I never used it because I didn't know the nutrition facts. I there anyway you can take a pic of the nutrition facts on choc and van and send to me or can you list them for me? You know the major things vsg'ers need to look at when we are getting a item.

Britt U.
on 9/27/11 10:14 am - Mill Creek, WA
Looks like the nutrition information for the shakes is on their web site:
http://isagenix.com/us/en/isaleanshake_new.dhtml

I don't sell these or anything. I just happened to really like the taste - not sweet, not fake. I prefer the vanilla over chocolate and the classic to the reformulated.

Most Active
Recent Topics