WHAT ARE SOME GOOD POWDER PROTEIN SHAKES

precious_diamond38
on 9/27/11 4:33 am - VA
i am currently on my liquid diet and the only shakes i like thust far are the eas carb control liquid... but i know once i have surgery i will need a good protein shake powder ... i tried the pure protein vanilla not... havent tried any other protein powder...
luckiestparentoftwo
on 9/27/11 4:42 am - Canada
I really like the body bi vi shakes...they are low carb, low sugar and are a great source of protein.....if you would like a link to check them out let me know....

They are not chalky, they come in sweet cream...so you can add fruit, or yogurt, or your favorite stuff to them...hth

precious_diamond38
on 9/27/11 4:49 am - VA

i would like the link thanks

Nancy B.
on 9/27/11 4:44 am - Bridge City, TX
VSG on 08/27/11 with
For pre- and post-op, I liked the Unjury Chicken soup flavor, because I could add it to most of the soups or broths I ate...it also gives you a break from the sweet flavors. 

I don't use a lot of powder protein shake mixes, but the Unjury Chocolate Splendor is good.  You can mix it with a cup of coffe (made to your preference) and a Blender Bottle full of ice....not too bad. :)

What I use the most, now that I'm 4 weeks out, is the Premier Protein ready-to-drink shakes in Chocolate.  They have 30grams of protein and are low carb! They also don't taste too bad. I drink one of those a day, and am able to get the rest of my protein from the foods I eat.  I just discovered them, but I probably would have used them pre- and post-op if I had known about them.  I buy them at Sam's Club, but I think they're also available at Costco.  They're much more expensive if you order from the Premier website.

Hope this helps!
-Nancy 

HW 238    Starting Weight 227   Surgery Weight 212   CW 155
Height 5'5"            Lost 9 lbs. pre-op, and another 6 lbs. on the liquid diet.
precious_diamond38
on 9/27/11 4:53 am - VA
i was at costco last week and i saw them wasnt too sure about them... but i will def go back and ck them out thanks.. .
Nancy B.
on 9/27/11 5:41 am - Bridge City, TX
VSG on 08/27/11 with
P.S.  I drink them with a straw because they dry my lips out!
-Nancy 

Height 5'5"            Lost 9 lbs. pre-op, and another 6 lbs. on the liquid diet.
Mermaid7
on 9/27/11 4:57 am
Hi.  I saw your comments about protein and really appreciate them.  I will have the surgery soon and was curious how you could get all your protein with only drinking 1 protein shake a day that is 30g.  If you don't mind sharing, what else do you eat?  I was under the impression one had to have about 100g of protein per day for good weight loss?
Nancy B.
on 9/27/11 5:37 am - Bridge City, TX
VSG on 08/27/11 with
Hi!  Good luck on your upcoming surgery!

I aim for 60-80 grams of protein a day.  I generally drink my protein shake between breakfast and lunch.  So for 3 meals, I need to average 10-15 grams of protein.  Another protein shake a day, certainly wouldn't hurt to help with that, and sometimes I DO have another one, or protein coffee in the afternoon.  I just know if I hadn't found the Premier Protein shakes, I would definitely need to drink more than 1 a day. 

Remember, I'm only 4 weeks out so I haven't tried a lot, but these are some of the things I've been eating so far:

Boiled Egg
Deli Sliced Lunch Meat with a Lauging Cow Cheese Wedge spread on the meat and rolled up
Meatloaf (Made the version on the back of the Lipton Beefy Onion soup box)
Gorton's Grilled Fish Fillets (Love these! Different versions average 14-16 grams of protein each.)
Tuna Salad
Chicken Salad
Chili
Cottage Cheese

Not a long list, but I hope it helps!
-Nancy 

Fancy4684
on 9/27/11 4:46 am
 I really like isopure dutch chocolate mix it with skim plus milk instead of water and its like a carnation instant breakfast. Muscle milk lite cookies and cream is pretty tasty as well ! 
joie_de_sleeve
on 9/27/11 4:46 am, edited 9/27/11 4:48 am - IN
If you have a bit of a sweet tooth, Inspire is good. They have flavors like caramel latte and double dutch chocolate. It's a whey isolate so it doesn't have the gross after/under taste that some ofther shakes do.

VSG 7/26/11

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics