waistline barely moving

tasie402
on 9/24/11 12:29 am
i'm so happy with my sleeve and everything's working, but my waistline is stopping me from going down sizes.  i've been told i look about size 18 everywhere but my waist, and frankly when i go to the store and try on 18-20s they fit...everywhere but the waist. 

i FINALLY got my waist into 22's pretty comfortably, but then both the tops and bottoms are baggy everywhere else.  i just want to LOOK as skinny as i can, cause frankly, i've never beent his size in my entire adult life.  when i see pictures of myself i seriously can't even believe it.

i know everyone is different and it just takes time.  i've gone from size 28 to 22, progress is happening, but arrrgh.  any suggestions?

AnastasiaBeaverhausn
on 9/24/11 12:35 am, edited 9/24/11 12:36 am
Any chance pants with an elastic waist would help? When you cover it over with a longer shirt, no one even knows. Or, dare I say, maternity pants?

I hate to say it but I'm the opposite of you. I have always had a semblance of a waist but every pair of pants fit my body and were huge on my waist.

Together we make the perfect pair.

And congrats. 28-22 (or 18) is fantastic!!
HW - 275  SW- 226  GW-150  

canonico
on 9/24/11 1:19 am - WA
 Don't get too stressed out about it. Size is only a number.  As long as you are happy with your progress, you are the only one who knows what size you are wearing.  Your body needs time to adjust to the huge weight loss.  You are doing great! Keep up the good work!!

jbskaggs
on 9/24/11 2:39 am - holt, MO
 For me I am losing weight every wear but my belly- so I completely understand.

tasie402
on 9/24/11 3:20 am
thanks for the responses. i know it doesn't matter what others think, and i guess i really don't, but i, myself, am frustrated. ok, frustrated, but happy. i may look into elastic. didn't think about that as i've always avoided those pants.
HogRider
on 9/24/11 4:00 am - Jacksonville, FL
Even though we use WLS to help lose weight, the body determines where the weight comes off first. It will eventually. Good luck.
onehappygirl
on 9/24/11 4:46 am, edited 9/24/11 4:47 am
From what I hear on here, the belly is the last place for it to come off. After losing 100 pounds, my belly is just now starting to decompress. Losing belly fat is so important too, as that is one of the leading indicators of being at risk for diabetes.
LeahBea
on 9/24/11 8:02 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Amen! I started at a 28 too and I would be wearing an 18 because that is what fits my butt and thighs but my stomach won't allow for that just yet... Ugh I feel your frustration 100%! So I wear my 20's and smile knowing that soon enough it'll start to disappear from there too and when it does.... I will have pants that make my ass look good damn it!

Leah

Most Active