i am having anxiety about this surgery!!

precious_diamond38
on 9/21/11 5:29 pm - VA
 started my liquid diet on wednesday and i am freaking out ... cannot go to sleep i am having second thoughts ....head hunger and i almost threw up driving to walgreens ... i dont think i am going to continue to go through with this.... 

ozthewiz
on 9/21/11 6:54 pm - IL
VSG on 09/28/17
 All I can say is God bless you .   I know what you are feeling.  I'm almost at your point and now having second thoughts too.

I would advise you to remember what got you to this point. You want to loose weight and cant do it any other way. like every one OH.   

I want you to get a sheet of paper and right down the  good things for doing this and the bad things.

then go back to your doctor and really have a heart to heart with him and ask him if doing this now is in your best interest.  and then it doesn't hurt to get a second and third opinion.  but at some point you will know which way to go.   remember we are all afraid of doing surgery and we are also afraid of staying obese as well.  I hope you find your way and it is the way that's best for you

May God help you,comfort you, protect you and guide you.

Rouxful
on 9/21/11 7:20 pm
Don't stop now, you're so damned close, you can already taste the post-op Yogurt. So many people yearn for this surgery for so long and often never get it. We're the lucky ones, and your spot on the loser's bench is waiting for you.

It's going to be hard work; it's going to be annoying, painful, and sometimes frustrating. But in a month, you're going to look yourself in the mirror and say, "Hell yeah. I did it." And getting on the scale in the morning becomes something you actually look forward to.

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

precious_diamond38
on 9/21/11 8:34 pm - VA
i thank u two for those post u sent i dont now what the world im going to do.... i have an appt with my surgeon tommorrow and my lab work scheduled tomorrow as well.. i want to see him to tell him i dont think this is for me ... to come to this far and to start to have pantic attacks and second guess my opinion to have this surgery is crazy...i will pray on it and i did get two hours of sleep lol..

waitingtoexhale2
on 9/21/11 9:08 pm
I'm with you on your thoughts.  However, I realize that my life has come to a standstill.  I've tried and tried to do it on my own without long term success.  I've gone thru so much, and I realize the risk involved.  Nevertheless, I'm determined to go all the way.  As someone already posted, many wish they had this opportunity, but don't have it.  My prayer for you is peace and strength has you continue on your journey.

Waitingtoexhale2

The race is not given to the swift or the strong, but to the one that endures to the end.

HW 357
Pre-Op Weight 343
Weight several hours after surgery 339

connot2
on 9/21/11 9:42 pm
Good Luck with your decision whatever it is.  I can tell you my experience, I am just 23 days out now.  The surgery went really well and I have had no adverse side effects and did not need any pain meds after I went  home.  Its all felt very surreal these last few weeks.  I down a little because I didnt think I was losing enough weight and was afraid I would be that one person that the surgery just didnt work.  Then the last few days I felt a change and I have dropped almost 5 lbs.  I looked at my total weight loss since surgery and I'm at 20 lbs in 23 days!  that is close to a pound a day!  I couldnt be happier! 
Sweet_56
on 9/21/11 9:49 pm - Saskatchewan, Canada
I also had a tough time doing the pre-op but now I am 5 days out from my VSG and I am soo glad I stuck through it and came out on the other end. I lost 10 pounds during my Pre-op and made my liver nice and tiny to prevent any unnecessary accidents from having an enlarged liver. I wish you all the best on your decision. The choice to have WLS is not an easy one by any means! Good Luck!!

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers 
My Video Log...  Follow as this Fat Canadian Shrinks!! 
www.youtube.com/user/TheShrinkingCanadian

USAF Wife
on 9/21/11 10:29 pm
Landing my fat hiney in a pine box years earlier and living with obesity related illnesses, diseases and conditions seemed way scarier than surgery. . . I'd rather go a couple of weeks without solid food, battle some food issues, and struggle for a couple of weeks than end up dead because of my issues with food and being more than 100 pounds overweight.

It's ultimately your decision, but you either do it and live the life you want healthy and happy, or stay fat and miserable ! ! !
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Kate1106
on 9/21/11 10:36 pm - NJ
I was exactly where you are.  As I was entering the hospital I considered getting back in my car, going for some fast food, and going home.  But I went in.  I did it.  It's tough.  I'm not gonna lie.  But I know it will be worth it.  Each day it gets easier and easier.  Your life is waiting for you.  It's so much more satisfying than a cheeseburger.

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/11 10:58 pm - TN
VSG on 09/23/11 with
I am on day 10 of my pre-op diet ... For me the pre-op liquids have been a breeze!! ... My surgery is in the morning ... I would encourage you to stay the course ... It will be SO worth it!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics