One month Surgiversary on Sunday YAHOOO

Nicole S.
on 9/16/11 4:42 am - Vallejo, CA
Time sure has flown by!!! But every day gets better and better.  People are noticing, and look at me like WOW! I have co workers giving me items they are too large to fit into now (LOVE THIS ONE!) as I get smaller.

Life is good and my sleeve is fabulous!!!
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

1london
on 9/16/11 5:20 am
Congratulations!!  You are doing absolutely wonderful, what is your secret??!!!!!   So happy for you!  Keep up the good work!

Nicole S.
on 9/16/11 6:01 am - Vallejo, CA
My secret is my sleeve - she is a moody *****  She is small and in charge!!! lol
~Nicole  

Jessicasmom
on 9/17/11 8:48 am
Congratulations on your success. I just had my surgery 11 days ago. Doing better every day.
I have a question for you. I was told that after my 2 week post op appointment, I would be able to start eating stuff like mashed potatoes. I can't wait for something other than shakes, popsicles and chicken broth. What did you eat on the 2nd week up to now. Any pointers or suggestions.
My stomach doesnt tell me I am hungry, but still trying to train my head. It was so easy the first week, but I find myself annoyed with my husband now if he eats in front of me. I had to leave the room at dinner tonight because it smelt so good.
Hope to hear back from you soon!
 Thank you.
Nicole S.
on 9/17/11 12:36 pm - Vallejo, CA
For two weeks post op I was eating mashed potatoes with cheese melted in it, cottage cheese, pudding with protein powder put in it, protein shakes and apple sauce.  It is hard when you are around others when they are eating, it was hard to watch my family eat while they were here taking care of me. 

It will get easier!!! Hang in there you can do this - I have gone from a size 30 to a size 18/20 in this month alone.  I can NOT wait for the rest of this journey!!!
~Nicole  

Jessicasmom
on 9/17/11 1:17 pm
Thank for response. Mashed potatoes with cheese sounds so good right now. I think once I can eat food compared to liquids, I will do much better. I have appointment on Wednesday (15 days post op then). And I am already focusing on my first goal. I want to be under 220. With all my OH friends and now your support, I think I might do it. Will let you know then. Thank you so much!
Most Active