WAITING ON INSURANCE APPROVAL IS NO FUN...

precious_diamond38
on 9/14/11 10:58 pm - VA

My dr office sent my info to insurance on tuesday ...i clld Aetna today lady says they have recvd my case but they have no clinical??? She also says the nurse has not gotten to my case yet but told me to have dr office fax in clinicals...says without the clincals they cannot approve me.... UMMm how come the dr office doesnt know to do this? so i am waiting on the pre auth nurse to get in so i can tell her what to do ... i have surgery date 10.5.2011 and i have not even submitted info to my employer yet ... i need to calm down because i am freaking outtttttttttttttt!!!! just needed to vent thanks lol...

CoolBeans
on 9/15/11 2:49 am - MD
 I remember the last month leading up to when they called me to set a date, I had so many little things that were ups and downs like being on a roller coaster. Was my first supervised visit going to count? was I going to be able to get my sleep study's done on time? right before my surgery my PCP's sub threw in a new requirement bc he was SURE I needed a cardiac test. EEK. Anyway, it was exhausting, but it all worked out. I hope even if it is more bumpy than smooth, your road is clear soon and you have your approval. Once you do, it moves at high speed. 
 Cari    
precious_diamond38
on 9/15/11 4:18 am - VA
i feel a lil better i did talk to the pre auth nurse said she did fax over all the clinical info... so now im just waiting on the auth.... now im waiting on her to call me back to give me me pre op date for my lab work... ..i also faxed her over the fmla papers i cannot wait until this is all over ... how long are u off work?

Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/15/11 5:54 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
I understand!!! We are in the waiting game together! Mine was supposed to be faxed on 9-1, but when I called to check on it, they had the wrong fax #, so they just refaxed Monday. I called today and the insurance company said it has been moving through the steps, but no determination yet, so.... just have to wait! On the positive side, at least we have the opportunity to submit to insurance and don't have to automatically self pay like lots of people do, so here's to hope! :) 

Good luck to you!! 

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

ladyhoneybee6
on 9/28/11 2:52 am
RNY on 01/30/12
iam waiting on approval and my axienty level is high so many thinds have went wrong up until now .hope i have an answer ny next week.call insurance company and they said they had recived informqation from my surgeon office  and to call back in 14 days from 21 if sept .it the office sometime to submit my papper work.i just need to come down.
Most Active
Recent Topics