x post- please give input ..my 2 plastic surgeons have differing opinions!

SassyItalian
on 9/14/11 6:07 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
so in a nutshell i booked surgery for november 1st for a tummy tuck with liposuction, breast lift, and possible augmentation..

i am having trouble because the 2 surgeons i consulted with have a bit of a differing opinion,,

the first surgeon offered to lipo by back, flanks, and thighs,,essentially for free with my TT..what girl isnt jumping at the chance for free lipo

i was thrilled because i hate the back of my thighs, they have a bumpy appearance..cellulite..i am very self conscious of it..

well the surgeon i went to today was referred to me by my bariatric office.she does alot of bariatric patients..she said that i dont need lipo anywhere, that she wouldnt do it because i would get a rippling effect because of stretched skin..

so here i am, feeling a bit more comfortable with the bariatric plastic surgeon..who wont lipo my thighs,..and feeling a bit googly eyed about the thought of lipo..and knowing maybe her opinion about the rippling holds water...

so give me your input if you have a first hand opinion...
and by the way, now i have a 3rd consult with another p.s. to see if he feels the same about the lipo...arg!!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Still Fawn
on 9/14/11 6:12 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I didn't do lipo, and I wouldn't.. The results are too iffy in bariatric patients and the extra pain would **** me off if the result ended up poor, lol.. All joking aside.. I wanna see your skin when we meet up.. I will be honest with you.. Ah ha ha.. That sounded pervy- woulda been so wrong if I were a dude! Lol.. So whatcha wanna do when we meet up??

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

SassyItalian
on 9/14/11 6:18 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Lol, ya perv! Ill have to wear a dress so i can show you in the middle of the street. we will cause an accident..

but seriously i will show you..

we can walk around phila and get coffee or go for a walk somewhere, maybe near the art museum..let me know what you have in mind!

LaughingCow
on 9/14/11 6:31 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I'd go back to the first doctor and ask about his/her experience doing lipo on bariatric patients and why it might be a good idea for you.  It could be that there is something about the condition of your skin (youth, maybe?) that makes her think she can do it without any problems that you might otherwise expect in a bariatric patient. 
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Carmelita
on 9/14/11 7:16 am - Four Corners, NM
Good luck...personally ...I'd GO FOR THE LIPO!!  get them FAT CELLS outta ME!! I don't know how true it is...but the number of fat cells YOU HAVE in YOUR body at adulthood...supposedly are with YOU for LIFE...alls they do is FILL...or shrink...FILL  or shrink..as the old fat ones get bigger and before dyin off..they leave baby fat cells. ....kinda like humans...lmao!!  ...anyhoo check it out...but that's the word on the street....
DragonGirl
on 9/14/11 7:28 am - MN
I was thinking they were more like Tribbles....you know those fast multiplying, round lil bastages from that Star Trek Episode!

Sass...I'm giving you my very uneducated opinion....go for the lipo!
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Carmelita
on 9/14/11 8:01 am - Four Corners, NM
RIght!

Ulysses let go my tribble!!
Ulysses
on 9/14/11 8:43 am

Your asking for "Tribble Trouble" woman!
COOOO!

J
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

michellemj
on 9/14/11 7:31 am
I don't think I'd do lipo. There's studies out there that the fat comes back, but just in a different place. So if you suck it out of the thighs, it may redistribute along your back or bra line or something.

Here's the link to the NYTimes article but I can dig up the actual science if you want:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/01/weekinreview/01kolata.html?ref=health

Now, whether that's true in bariatric pops, I got nothing and I don't know if those studies have been done, but the thought of the fat cells coming back, esp to my arms or something, scares the crap out of me. I can hide my thighs a lot easier!

What are they saying on the PS board?

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

SassyItalian
on 9/14/11 11:25 am, edited 9/13/11 11:26 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I have to check my post on the PS board..but what i will say is i know 2 people with lipo and both gained weight and complained of 1. the fat redistributing elsewhere as you mentioned and 2. the lipo areas being noticable and visable after the weight gain..

sheesh

Most Active
Recent Topics