8 Months 7 Days...That's what it took to get to Normal

Kimmes
on 9/12/11 8:36 pm
 I did it!  Today my BMI is 24.8 and I am officially NORMAL......Yes - I did it!  Normal!  I started this journey at 239.8 pounds and today I am 163.6.  It's been 8 months and 7 days exactly since my surgery.  I have a little over 8 pounds to go to my final goal of 155 but wanted to celebrate this mile stone!
Has it been easy...NO.  But it surely has not been to difficult.  For those who are just starting here are a couple of quotes that kept me focused and motivated.

You won't fail if you're not perfect, you'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day. 

Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday.

Best wishes to everyone on your journey - this has been an amazing blessing  - what a wonderful gift I gave to myself! 

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

DuanesGirl
on 9/12/11 9:12 pm - KY
Congratulations!  It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?  Here's wishing you continued success.

And here's a quote that has kept me motivated with my weightloss AND my running:
Excrutiatingly slow finish, beats did not finish, beats did not start.

So for everyone who is on this journey, just remember it's the getting there that's important, not how fast.  

Valsdetermined2lose
on 9/12/11 9:12 pm
Congrats ! Sleeve sister, we both had our surgeries on the same day and both of us are doing fantastic with the sleeve!!!! Those 8 pounds im sure you'll lose in no time. Keep up the good work!
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Kimmes
on 9/12/11 9:23 pm, edited 9/12/11 9:23 pm
 Thanks Val!  I am so proud of us!  It sure feels wonderful doesn't it!  Look at us!  Over 150 pounds we have lost together!  Amazing!  Keep up the excellent work my beutiful sleeve sister!

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sweetitalian1
on 9/12/11 11:24 pm - CA
I bet it's a great feeling. Congrats!

Frantom
on 9/12/11 11:53 pm
Congratualtions - and thank you very much for sharing.
I'm almost 4 months post-op and having a heck of a time with patience.  I thought once the surgery was over, I would be "normal" right away.  My eyes are certainly open now!
I hope I'm "normal" by the seventh month too.

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 12:27 am - Castle Rock, CO
 congrats & continued success to you .. awesome job!! wonderful quotes too.. very motivational.. 
mojomom
on 9/13/11 12:53 am
Thanks for sharing.  Congratulations on your amazing success!!! 

Mojomom

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 1:17 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Right on babygirl!  I am surely proud on YOU!
carabarnes
on 9/13/11 1:28 am
Doesn't it feel great to just be normal?!?! Congrats and I love your qutoes! Keep up the great work!

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

Most Active
Recent Topics