waiting on insurance approval

precious_diamond38
on 9/7/11 9:27 pm - VA
 i have been lurking on obesity help for some time but never posted anything. I have just finished my last 6 month eval appt yesterday. Waiting on my surgeon to send the paper work to my ins.... I am nervous, scared, all at the same time.. I have never had any surgeries in my life ... i keep saying to myself what n the world am im doing and do i really need to have this surgery.... i have read so many nice stories on this site... people seem so helpful and encouraging ... hopefully i will have my surgery by early oct wish me luck.... 
southtexas
on 9/7/11 11:04 pm
It took my insurance company a week and a day two days to approve mine. I have to say, waiting for that approval was not fun. I called my insurance company at least every other day to find out the status. After your approval, things will happen so fast!

Good luck to you and I hope you get the good news you have been waiting for very soon!

~ Jen

precious_diamond38
on 9/7/11 11:25 pm - VA
THANK U SO MUCH ... ONCE YOU RECVD YOUR APPROVAL HOM MANY WEEKS OR MONTHS LATER WAS YOUR SURGERY SCHEDULED?
southtexas
on 9/7/11 11:38 pm
My husband called our insurance company on a Friday, August 26th and was told then that I was approved. I called them again on Monday, August 28th and requested that they fax my approval letter to my surgeon's office. Once my surgeon's office had the approval, on that Monday, they scheduled my surgery right then and there. My last pre-op visit is with the surgeon today and my surgery is on September 20th. Like I said, it happens very fast. I was really surprised that my surgery was booked in less than 30 days after my surgeon received the approval letter.

I hope they move as quickly on yours. I am sure you are anxious to get it done!

Zippydoo
on 9/7/11 11:14 pm

I have one more doctors appointment on the 15th of this month and then all my paperwork can be submitted to the insurance company.  I had a three month waiting period and although the three months flew by, its this last appointment that seems to be taking forever to come. LOL 

I am sure everything will move quickly for you once approved.  Have you started taste testing some of the protein shakes? 

precious_diamond38
on 9/7/11 11:26 pm - VA
I have Aetna and i could of done 3 months or 6 months... i wanted to do the 6months because you had to do more appts with the 3month.... and i have tried a few so far they all are nasty and too sweet lol..... i am going to call my pre auth nurse to see if she recvd all of the paper work from my primary yesterday... and hopefully she has or will submit to ins today ....
anninva
on 9/7/11 11:28 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
ugh.  the waiting definitely sux!    but it could be sooner than you think for the ins approval.  it totally varies from company to company, but i got my approval in 2 days!  sending gooooood thoughts in your direction.  as far as surgery being scary -- yeah it is.  i had never had it either, but i came out the other side and i can say i feel waaaaaay better than i did before suregery and other than smaller portions, i feel physically totally normal.

stick around the board!  we're here for support during the whole process! 

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

precious_diamond38
on 9/7/11 11:36 pm - VA
WOW 2 DAYS .... WHICH INSURANCE DO U HAVE? IM ON PINS AND NEEDLES LOL...
Zippydoo
on 9/7/11 11:37 pm
I feel the same way about the protein shakes - I now add a few drops of lemon juice to mine to balance out the flavor and if its chocolate protein I add the lemon juice, and either a tsp of decaf instant coffee or a tbs of sugar free/fat free pudding mix in chocolate.  I dunno why but it cuts down on the chocolate sweetness.  I also may add an on-the-go packet of raspberry or lemonade crystal light to my more fruitier protein powders.

precious_diamond38
on 9/8/11 12:56 am - VA
thats a good ideal... i guess i need to keep searching and tasting lol...
Most Active
Recent Topics