Stall :-(

sparklinprincess81
on 9/7/11 9:11 am - MI
So...about 6/7 weeks out and I've lost 30 pounds, but I'm experiencing a stall for the past week. Is this normal? I've been reading what people have said and I know that it can be and maybe I'm over thinking this but I hope this isn't it! I've been good with the diet, but struggling with the water intake. It makes me so full! I've increased to a good 48oz a day so definitely continuing to work to improve.

If you have any ideas or suggestions please feel free to share
HW: 257 (3/11); SW: 244 (7/11); GW: 150 (?/??)
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
injeneral
on 9/7/11 9:22 am
Are you new here? stalls are totally common and normal. Do a search and you'll see!
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

Valsdetermined2lose
on 9/7/11 10:32 am
Great progress so far!! congrats, stalls come and go so get use to them LOL
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Johari22
on 9/7/11 3:27 pm - San Antonio, TX
Hey Val, you are doing well with your weight loss!  You are right about the stalls, they come and go.  I have been losing inches during my stalls ;)   Haven't been on here in a while, getting so busy at work, til I'm exhausted when I get home from work.  

A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

katier825
on 9/7/11 10:38 am
You may experience several stalls along the way. No one likes them, but they are part of the process. Keep trying to get more fluids in. It took me a couple of months to get to the 64 oz.

Don't forget, the scale is not the only way to judge how you are doing. Take measurements, you are likely losing inches - notice the things you can do that you couldn't do before or that are much easier now.
2BSheila
on 9/7/11 11:18 am - Nashville, TN
First, congratulations on losing 30 lbs in a month and a half.  Bet you've never done that before, right?  Just my way to encourage you to stop and celebrate your success.

As for stalls, we all feel your pain.  I've been on another stall for the past month.  I'm following my eating plan, and still the scales say pretty much the same thing each week.  However, I bought a pair of slacks to wear for the Labor Day festivities, and in the 3 weeks they sat in my closet, they oddly got bigger.  That's how I know it's a stall, my weight doesn't change, but my clothes get baggy.  And today I think it's starting to break, as I've noticed that I pee more when my body is finally ready to break the stall.  I assume I'm just holding fluids, which I know will eventually work their way out.

I hope you can be patient, and trust that you will continue to lose if you follow your plan.  If you've not taken your measurements, do so now, as they seem to change when the scale won't.

Congratulations on the first 30 lbs!.....Sheila

sparklinprincess81
on 9/7/11 11:29 am - MI
This is why I love OH. I definitely appreciate the encouragement. It's funny seeing the numbers stop moving definitely clouds your ability to see the progress. I haven't been this weight in 3 years. So I will definitely embrace some positivity!

I go to the doctor Friday so trying to make sure I'm on my best weight loss behavior. Thank ya'll again for your support. 

HW: 257 (3/11); SW: 244 (7/11); GW: 150 (?/??)
Father Don
on 9/7/11 12:36 pm - Charleston, SC
Here's my standard answer to "pauses" that everyone calls a stall:

A stall is something that last 6 weeks or more.  You are in a correction period.

Weight loss is like a teeter-totter....

On one side is pounds, the other inches....

If you stop going down on pounds, the inches will go down .  Are you measuring? 
Then the inches will slow and pounds will drop...

this is normal and NOT a stall, it's a correction period that your body uses to catch up.....

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Johari22
on 9/7/11 3:31 pm - San Antonio, TX
Sparklinprincess, you are doing well.  You are probably losing inches.  Did you take your measurements before your surgery?  I have difficulties drinking water too, but my incentive per my PA, is to drink water to avoid kidney stones. 

A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

Most Active