my weight stalled!!!!!! Ugh what to do???????????

shantee
on 9/7/11 1:16 pm - san diego, CA
i wanted to know if anyone can give me some advice on what to do about my weight stalling at 265 lbs its been 2 months since i had the surgery and next week tuesday i go to the dr office and i feel like a failure i excercise and i try to get in all my protein and water i cant figure out what im doin wrong and its making me feel like a loser and its starting to get a little depressing and i wanna give up someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heleena33
on 9/7/11 1:30 pm - Custer, WA
Well, how much have you lost?
do you count your proteins, carbs, water?
Do you take all the vitamins like you're supposed to?
Are you eating sugary foods?

JULY 11, 2011 MY New Live Began    HW 295   SURG WT 266   GOAL 145
My ticker represents lbs lost from time of surgery .....after liquid IV's were gone!      

Scandrona
on 9/7/11 8:30 pm - Hollister, CA
VSG on 07/30/12
How much exercise are you doing? How much of that exercise is weight lifting vs Cardio?  You have to remember that even though you are losing fat you are also gaining muscle when you are exercising.  Even just doing cardio makes you gain muscles in your legs, butt and core.  Have you been measuring yourself to see if you are losing inches?  How long has your stall been?  I bet that you have been losing fat but gaining muscle and so have been staying the same weight but have been losing inches.    DON'T GIVE UP!!  KEEP GOING! 

"...If one advance confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." 
                                                                                                               --Henry David Thoreau
"Keep Going" --Sensei Jose Miguel Rosas

Lynnww666
on 9/8/11 1:15 am - Canada
You don't say how much you have lost but since you say stalled, I assume there has been weight loss.
Whatever that amount, it's weight gone and if you stick on program, it will never return. That's a victory.
My weight loss has been lose a few pounds and stall for a week or more, lose a few more, stall for a week or more... I'm starting to realize that's just my body's way. No two people are alike.
If you are eating on your doctor's program and getting some exercise, it will come off. Maybe not as fast as some but likely faster than others.
You need to be kind and patient with yourself and your body. You will get there if you work at it. Sadly VSG is not magic (oh, I wi**** were!) and needs our commitment. Get in the protein, avoid junk calories and drink LOTS of water plus move around around more than before. That seems to be the only key to success in the end.
Hang in there, you'll be amazed at where you are a year from now!
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Most Active
Recent Topics