One of the best rewards of having VSG!! with pic..

asweetiepye
on 9/5/11 10:17 am
Congrats to you too Granny!
SassyItalian
on 9/5/11 10:20 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
its the little things that matter! enjoy every minute of nola and not having to fake the seat belt.

le bon temps roule!!!
enchantedmommy
on 9/5/11 10:15 am - boydton , VA
You look great and i love boxers!!
Awesomassager
on 9/5/11 10:23 am - KY
I am currently the weight you were (247lbs and 5'3"). I have had 2 meetings with the weight loss doctor, and we think since I have Crohn's Disease that this is the best option for me.  I meet with the therapist tomorrow and nutritionist soon.

Any suggestions before I make the final decision to go through with this surgery?
SassyItalian
on 9/5/11 10:27 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
i have absolutely no regrets and think this surgery can really help so many people..

make sure you keep doing your research about the procedure, know your nutrition plan through and through, stay positive, and do all you can to make the change a complete change of lifestyle..dont be afraid of the unknown

good luck with your decision!!
DuanesGirl
on 9/5/11 9:48 pm - KY
HI!  I just wanted to comment on this because I too, have Crohn's Disease.  This surgery has been wonderful and I haven't had any issues with my Crohn's.  

I would say, continue to do your research and make your decision based on what you feel is best for YOU.  Personally, I'm a one and done kinda girl so the fact that this surgery requires no maintenance other than eating as prescribed and taking my vitamins was a huge benefit.  The RNY was not an option because of the Crohn's plus I have migraines so I was left with VSG or the Band, which I decided against because the maintenance factor and I'm a little leery of having something foreign in my body (no new boobies for me!  LOL).

As for the Crohn's, managing that along with our dietary needs is TOTALLY do-able.  You will just need to choose lower fat meats and watch your dairy intake.  Otherwise, the 2 things, VSG and Crohn's, co-exist quite naturally and healthily.

Good luck with your decision!

veranda
on 9/5/11 10:24 am
First of all, I love your name "SassyItalian"!! Secondly, you look so happy and healthy. Congrats on your success!
Ulysses
on 9/5/11 10:27 am

Nice! I wasn't looking at your butt or your boxer's butt either...I was simply admiring thos great hiking sandals. Now those are sweet!

Congrats!

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Maintaining Cindy
on 9/5/11 10:37 am
Ok I admit it, I WAS looking at your butt and your legs and your waist and you over all hour glass figure!!!  Beautiful!

Congrats and beautiful pup btw,

Cindy

J.e.t.
on 9/5/11 10:39 am
Wow, you are gorgeous. In my dreams....
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics