I'm sleeved!

J.e.t.
on 9/3/11 3:26 am
 I was sleeved Thursday afternoon, came home Friday.  I meant to post then, but have slept pretty much non-stop.  Things went very, very well.  No significant pain or nausea.  My surgeon did find a hiatal hernia which he repaired, and said that that could make some of my recovery just a bit harder.

For those of you having surgery with Dr. Jossart, or at CPMC, I just can't say enough good things about my experience.  Everyone I encountered was fabulous.  The anesthesiologist introduced himself as "Paul", and very sweetly wiped my pre-surgery tears in the OR with surgical gauze, lol.  

Dr. Jossart is just a pro--and I really believe that the relatively easy recoveries I hear about here with his patients are a result of that.

I did have a private room, with a view of the GG bridge--what more could you ask for?!  Also, the protein shake they give you for breakfast, Health Wise orange/pineapple was delish!  

And now I'm sipping, walking, sipping, walking, you know the drill.  ;-)

Here's a pic from my room:

gg bridge
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

Mrsk2011
on 9/3/11 3:45 am
Congrats..That view is beautiful,Where do u live..
frisco
on 9/3/11 3:52 am

Congrats !!!!

Some how I thought you were already sleeved!!!!

Dr. Jossart is tops !!! I had the pleasure of having both Dr. Cirangle and Dr. Jossart do my surgery at CPMC.

Looks like we almost had the same room on 5North !!!!

Take it slow.....you know what to do !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/3/11 3:59 am
 congratulations and welcome to the fun side!!!!   that view is awesome!  I hope your recovery continues well.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

joeswife
on 9/3/11 4:09 am - CA
Good for you and congratulations! I can't wait to be on the losing side too! Good luck to you.

Paige V.
on 9/3/11 4:14 am - Gainesville, FL

congrats, beautiful view!

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

amandabefore
on 9/3/11 4:30 am - CO
congrats! mine is in two weeks and i'm a little nervous. But with your with your remarks i think everything will be fine.

les2behealthy
on 9/3/11 5:23 am - Pell City, AL
Congratulations!  It is a super exciting time for you (and WOW at the view you had).

Get ready for the "wildest, most wonderful, best thing you've ever done for yourself" ride.  It's worth it!
Highwest Weight: 288 - Consult Weight: 282.6 - Pre-Op Weight: 278.8
Current Weight (8/26/11): 197.2
Goal Weight: undecided
Ulysses
on 9/3/11 5:44 am

BIG Congrats on you sleeve!
Nice view from your room too.
Can't wait to hear about your progress, take it easy during your healing

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

lanunes
on 9/3/11 5:46 am - CA
 Congrats on your surgery ! Funny thing is the Health wise pineapple orange was what they gave me right after surgery too.. By far my favorite drink and still is =) After many weeks of OVERLY sweet thick and creamy protein shakes I always gravitate to the health wise fruit drinks, very light and not too sweet =) 
      Leslie Nunes              
Most Active
Recent Topics