Anyone lost 200 +?

ObiMomKenobi
on 9/3/11 6:16 am
I am curious if there is anyone out there that has lost over 200 pounds with the sleeve? I have to lose quite a bit, and am having the sleeve in October. I had always thought the sleeve was for people lighter than I am, but my surgeon says the way they are doing things now, it is pretty level with the RNY for weight loss.

So, I am looking for a little experience here!

BTW... this is my first post here. :)

Amanda :)

Dawnie 88
on 9/3/11 6:28 am
I haven't lost 200..yet..but i have lost 151 lbs so far..and it is still coming off.  I am 16 mths postop.  I tend to lose 6 lbs one week a mth at this point..but everyone is different.  I have no doubts that i can lose another 49 lbs to put me at 200 lbs lost...it's up to ME and the choices i make from here on out. 

Ulysses
on 9/3/11 7:32 am

I know of several people on this board who have lost 200+ pounds and a lot more. I started at 460 with a goal weight of 200-220lbs. So I have set a goal of 240-260lbs to lose.

I had surgery 4 months and a week ago and have lost 120lbs so far...I have no doubt that the next 120 will be lost and I will make goal.
Good luck Amanda!

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

disabled_nurse
on 9/3/11 8:24 am - Bogalusa, LA
I have lost 200 pounds, need to loose about 50 more. Anything is possible with the sleeve, just be sure to get in all your protein and fluids a day, and you will do great. I need to update my ticker.

MomtoAndy
on 9/3/11 8:33 am - Columbia, SC
Welcome to the nicest board out there!  I've lost over 180...close!

frisco
on 9/3/11 10:34 am

I've lost 190lbs. and could lose more if I wanted to..... I'm there at 148lbs.

Jimbo on this board has lost 330lbs.

That said.... don't even think for a second that any 'ol VSG will get you there.... It takes an experienced surgeon that has success with HIGH BMI patients.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

ObiMomKenobi
on 9/3/11 11:45 am
Thanks for the replies, everyone! It gives me hope that this is the right procedure for me.

I know a lot of bigger people have the sleeve and then eventually add the DS... I won't ever be able to do that, since my insurance pays for one surgery in a lifetime. So this is it, my one chance.

I still plan to ask more questions... but I need to find info to study so I know the right questions to ask.

Thanks again for replying!

jimbovsg
on 9/3/11 12:21 pm
Yup......total @ 338lbs lost....just had my 2 year surgiversary!  just know this.....IT AIN'T been easy....I work hard....and am very committed....and I am male....so that makes a difference....but it CAN   be done!  good luck!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

ObiMomKenobi
on 9/3/11 1:05 pm
Wow, Jimbo, that is amazing! Thanks for replying. You really are inspirational!

infodiva808
on 9/3/11 2:43 pm
I am working towards a similar goal! I am a slow loser but this is a journey not a race.

Most Active
Recent Topics