Score of the Day

Arianasmama
on 9/1/11 4:29 am - Beverly Hills, CA
I went to the grocery store this morning and as I walked past the fresh fish department I noticed the 5 oz lobster had a price of $11.99 per pound.  So I asked if the price was correct , per pound.  I was told no the price should have been each.  Well, the store manager gave me four of them at $11.99 per pound.  SCORE!

Now, how do I cook them so they are not tough? 
Be Blessed            
Smardeepants
on 9/1/11 5:00 am
I've never tried it, but I swear that allrecipes.com is THE BEST. (I love that I can read all the reviews and choose a winning recipe so that I don't waste time/ingredients).

Good luck, that is quite a score! 

No More Spanx
on 9/1/11 5:02 am - Rock Island, IL
This is what I do: 

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
1. Rinse tails under cold water.  I am assuming these are tails with the shell on. 
2.Take a large pointed knife and drive it in the tail lengthwise.  Once in, I use my weight to split the tail lengthwise all the way up and down the tail.
3. Open the tails slightly to get to the meat and season (I use Emirils Bayo Blast and Lawrey's lemon pepper)
4. Take 2 pats of butter and cram them in the center and close the split tail.
5. Take a large piece of foil and creat a packet with the lobster inside.  Don't wrap tightly cuz you want the steam to cook it.  Makes it moist.
6.  Place packet on a baking sheet and put in pre-heated oven for about 13-15 minutes.
7. While cooking I take 1 tblsp of butter and melt it with about 1-2tblsp fresh (or concentrated)  lemon juice and a little pepper.
8. When done open packet, extract the meat from the split shells and enjoy!!

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

Ulysses
on 9/1/11 5:04 am

That was a serious score! I have cooked lobster several different ways - just the tails as well. Let me give you a URL that should help out -
www.lobsterhelp.com/cooking-lobster-tails.html

that site should tell you how to boil, braise, bake, steam (insert Forrest Gump here)
Enjoy that langosta - I'm jealous.

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Most Active
Recent Topics