How long should food stay in your sleeve?

frisco
on 8/22/11 3:07 pm, edited 8/22/11 3:09 pm

I also question how soon your eating soft food....but what ever....I get accused of telling people my program is the only way....not true....after you heal  do what ever want.......Just don't want anybody to hurt themselves.....
I didn't eat 2-3 oz of salmon till six months.....still only eat 2-3oz. of protein.

When starting soft foods it helps:

- Wet, soft, mushed.....

- Chew, chew, chew

- Eat sloowwww

- Eat very little.......I started on a half of scrambled egg.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

kaydemo
on 8/22/11 3:15 pm - TX
Thanks for the insight! I was worried that I could have been mistaken, and I pulled out my book from the dr and it def said I could eat fish. But what I guess I'm realizing now is just because I can doesn't mean I should! Maybe it is just too dense! And while it was delicious at the time, it quickly became a serious regret! At least this time around, anyway. I think I'll be passing on fish for a while!
frisco
on 8/22/11 3:21 pm, edited 8/22/11 3:22 pm

Just learn from it......

Next time try 3/4 of an ounce.....(just on the under cooked side)

Ma**** with a fork.....Eat with spoon....

Put a little soup on it.....eat it very wet...kinda like stew....

Eating under your capacity is key to this whole thing.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

laurak712
on 8/23/11 7:51 am - New Braunfels, TX
It's probably not the density so much as the quantity.  2 to 3 ounces at 22 days out is way, way too much.  You will be able to eat that much in time but I'd start with no more than an ounce for now.  Good luck...and slow down. : )

Laura

Height 5' 7

Pkrplyr777
on 8/22/11 11:26 pm - CT
I am 23 days out and just started soft foods/purees. I learned very quickly to eat super slow. Sometimes that last little bite is just too much and puts me over the edge and into that tight restricted feeling.
I now take a couple bites to start, then wait till I feel each bite hit my stomach and settle before taking the next bite. This has definately helped in avoiding that last "too much" bite.

Hope this helps.
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
kaydemo
on 8/23/11 2:46 am - TX
Thanks for the insight! I think I've done pretty well for the little I've eaten, mostly because I have a horrible aversion to throwing up! So far, I've eaten less than they recommended. I opted for fish because the dr said to try to get as much of my protein from food as possible. So both days so far, I had a protein shake in the AM, and followed up with fish thinking it would get me closest to my protein goal. Maybe I just picked the wrong kind of fish! I'm going to give it a break for a couple of days and try again. Thanks again! Best wishes on your journey!
ldscott
on 8/23/11 1:24 am - TX
i had fish soup on my first day of soft solids. wasnt very comfy either. just back off and wait a few more days until u try it again.
i've found that my body needs a few more days than the schedule given for others. my body doesnt go down from swelling as quickly as others.

remember everyone is DIFFERENT! listen to YOUR body. take it slow and chew chew chew and chew some more.

wert
on 8/23/11 1:40 am - MN
Great insight!  Good suggestions.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

kaydemo
on 8/23/11 2:51 am - TX
Thank you! Great suggestion! I'm definitely going to wait a bit and try again! I like Frisco's input about wetting my soft solids with broth or something next time. And I'll try to stick with maybe just an ounce or two! Thank you so much for helping me out!!
wert
on 8/23/11 1:39 am - MN
Remember one thing. You can't eat like a fat person any more. You're eating like a naturally thin person now. That means you just don't eat just because it's on the list. You have to eat what's comfortable for you. You need to be eating a lot less than you are. You're experiencing clues to your behavior. You're belching and feeling uncomfortable. What does that mean? It means you're eating too much. The answer is not to purge. Instead, eat less. A LOT less. The single best tip I can give you comes from Frisco. EAT UNDER YOUR SLEEVE'S CAPACITY. Don't eat until you're full. Don't eat until you belch a ton. Don't eat until you feel like you have to purge, for heaven's sake! Eat less. Stay on purees longer if you have to. Don't move on/eat more just because you can. Slow down. Back off. Eat less.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Most Active