Broke and lighter for it...

dicastro1010
on 8/19/11 9:16 am - Escondido, CA
It's so sad that being broke has helped me lose weight this week! WHAT!?! Wow me.

I went to Costco last weekend and bought a bunch of fish (the pre-frozen individually wrapped) as well as veggies and healthy stuff. Then I accidentally paid my mortgage TWICE! It will take them 30-60 days to reimburse me, so I just decided to forget it and apply it to the next one. The bad news? I have been on a tight budget! I never realized how spoiled I am with my food. I pretty much eat out every day for lunch and dinner.

Eating healthier, and smaller portions, motivated me to go to the gym all week, so I lost 7 pounds total and it's only day 5!
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

suthernqueen
on 8/19/11 9:32 am
WOW!!! Think I may give that plan a shot if it will get me a 7 lb lost LOL!!!

dicastro1010
on 8/19/11 9:59 am - Escondido, CA
Haha. No kidding huh? So lame that it's come to this! Hopefully I will stay on this pattern though!

cancelsbronx
on 8/19/11 11:50 am - Stamford, CT
That was not nice...  The next time you decide to pay your mortgage two times, let me know. I will email you my account number and you can credit my account, lol....  Your mortgage company definately does not need the extra money.  Congrates on your weight loss.

Santos

MyOwnSunshine
on 8/20/11 2:22 am, edited 8/20/11 2:26 am
You're going to be skinnier and richer next month!

I've been in the habit of going to Costco the day after payday and spending most of my grocery budget on healthy foods that will last me the next two weeks. That way, if I start wanting to eat out or buy inappropriate groceries, my money is already spent and I have a ton of healthy food choices in my kitchen.

We have the same surgery date, too!
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
dicastro1010
on 8/20/11 2:48 am - Escondido, CA
I love that! Skinnier and Richer here I come! hahaha.

That is a great idea, I need to set a budget and really do the same thing. This was a huge eye opener for me. I buy healthy stuff, but then after a 10 hour day and whatever else, I use the excuse that it's okay to eat out and I'll get something healthy, but obviously with sides, and ingredients etc, it doesn't help anything.

And yeay! Another surgery buddy!

Santos- no kidding huh? Mortgage companies are whack. They can take my money online in less than a day, but take 30-60 to refund it? Such a rip. Haha

Most Active