PLEASE HELP ME......(sorry. A little long!)

kaydemo
on 8/19/11 4:16 am - TX
I'm 2.5 weeks out from surgery, and Tuesday night, I begin to experience some pain on my left side.  Other than a few hiccups the first few days after surgery, I've actually done really well.  But by Wednesday morning, I was in such excruciating pain, that I thought I was heading to the ER.  I called the surgeons office just to make sure that they didn't want me to go to the hospital where my surgery was performed, even though I didn't think it had anything to do with the surgery because of where I was hurting.  I talked with the PA, and she said it wasn't uncommon for people to get a couple of weeks out from surgery and start feeling better, so they do more than they should and mess with the internal stitches on that side.  She said to go ahead and keep my appointment with them the next day, and let them check me out, and in the meantime, take my pain meds and use a heating pad.  I have an incredibly high tolerance to pain, but this is unreal.  And I was afraid something else was going on and I didn't want to risk possibly masking something else, (I have a hole in my heart and I'm on blood thinner, so I was thinking possible clot), so I didn't take anything.  When I saw her yesterday, she said although typically the pain she referenced was between the left incision and the belly button, (mine is deeply around and under the incision, but the incision itself looks good), she still believes that is likely what's going on.  At 4 weeks, if it's still going on, she said they'd do a CAT scan.  The pain meds don't touch it!  Has anyone had anything similar?  She said if I choose to continue to do things, like clean the house, walk, etc., it will only delay the healing process, so to take it easy for at least another week.  I'm miserable. I'm feeling loopy b/c of the pain meds, and I hope she knows what she's talking about!!  And on a great note, my sleeve itself seems to be healing ok, so I'm happy about that! Thanks in advance for any input you can give me!
acbbrown
on 8/19/11 4:46 am - Granada Hills, CA
I had to deal with similar excrutiating pain a few weeks out of surgery. My surgeon just told me it was the internal stitches, suck it up and deal with it. It did eventually go away even though I was a literal couch potato during that time.

The misery will pass - just take it easy for a while. I hope it gets better soon.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

kaydemo
on 8/19/11 4:53 am - TX
Thanks for the input!  I don't do well on pain meds, and I'm feeling grumpier by the minute!  I'm so frustrated! I'm going to call them to see if muscle relaxers would help at all, b/c those are more tolereable to me than the pain meds! Thanks again! I guess I'm just going to have to put on my big girl panties!
BrittanyLinn
on 8/19/11 5:51 am
Im so sorry your going through so much pain right now. My prayers are with you and I hope you feel better soon!!!! *hugs*

kaydemo
on 8/19/11 6:41 am - TX
Thanks so very much!  I appreciate it!
Erica77
on 8/19/11 8:12 am - MN
Same thing here too. Pain meds didn't touch it for me. I was a couch potato for 4 weeks. I was going stir crazy! My pain left right at 4 weeks out. I remember getting out of bed or getting off the couch and yelling in pain. It helped me , kinda, to hold my stomach when I was moving around.
It will be over soon.
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

kaydemo
on 8/19/11 8:24 am - TX
Thanks for the encouragement!  I've been using a heating pad.  I hate just sitting around and having to be careful about how I move, especially since my stomach is feeling pretty good.  But on the bright side, I get to start eating mushies on Sunday!  I'm super pumped about that!  It's all about perspective, I guess!  Thanks, again!
Most Active