NEXIUM can kiss my butt!

Ulysses
on 8/13/11 10:20 am

So I have heartburn for the first time in my life after surgery. Not really bad but it's there. I go to my PCP this week and he calls in a script for Nexium.
I go to pick that up along with two other scripts, the pharmacy said that my insurance doesn't cover Nexium (all my other scripts are only 5.00). I said oh well how much is it for a month?
The pharmacist say's "that would be 229.00 dollars"......I was like What the **** Now I don't know how much Crack or Meth cost, but its got to less then that!

What the hell is IN this magic pill?
Does it make your penis sprout like a spring Zuchinni?
Make you irresitable to the opposite sex?
Can you crap a golden egg after taking it?....DAMN!

I told him I will pass, then he told me OTC prilosec is about the same exact thing.
Looks like Tums and generic Prilosec for me...JEEEEZ

Jason

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

skinimini
on 8/13/11 10:31 am
YIKES!! I take OTC generic prilosec and it works good for me. I hope it helps you as well!

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

ttrahan
on 8/13/11 10:40 am - LA

The same thing happened to me today. Doc gave me the scripts to fill before surgery and my insurance will not cover the Nexium either. They are calling the doctor for an alternative. I think its crazy.

shihtzulvr
on 8/13/11 10:46 am
My prescription plan is not very good, but they did cover Prevacid 30 mg tablets. It is a larger strength than the one sold OTC. Ask your dr. about taking this, you might be able to get it for $5.

Susan0714
on 8/13/11 11:05 am - Kenner, LA
My doctor first came me a script for Prevacid, the insurance would not pay for that. But, I am taking the Nexium granules and it went okay with  that.

Don't you JUST LOVE insurance companies..

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

kimbethin
on 8/13/11 12:09 pm - CA
Most iunsurance companies have a ppi they  prefer you to use,  call the number on the back of the card and ask and have your doc phone in the prescription to your pharmacy. 
putting one foot in front of the other...        
George B.
on 8/13/11 1:13 pm - Miami, FL
Jason,

Too funny!!!!

I had a similar sticker shock with Nexium. My insurance co-pay for 45 pills was $150 which I grudgingly paid. When the pills ran out and I still needed the PPI I complained about the cost to my doctor and he told me to take Prilosec OTC as it does the same thing. I seemlessly switched to Prilosec and was on it for 6 months post-op.

Sure wish the doctor had put me on Prilosec before I paid $150 for 45 days worth of Nexium. Had I not complained about the cost I would have been given another scrip for Nexium. 

Good luck and thanks for the laugh,
George

pebbles4388
on 8/14/11 2:06 am - MA
VSG on 01/12/12
pebbles4388
on 8/14/11 2:08 am - MA
VSG on 01/12/12
On August 13, 2011 at 5:20 PM Pacific Time, Ulysses wrote:

So I have heartburn for the first time in my life after surgery. Not really bad but it's there. I go to my PCP this week and he calls in a script for Nexium.
I go to pick that up along with two other scripts, the pharmacy said that my insurance doesn't cover Nexium (all my other scripts are only 5.00). I said oh well how much is it for a month?
The pharmacist say's "that would be 229.00 dollars"......I was like What the **** Now I don't know how much Crack or Meth cost, but its got to less then that!

What the hell is IN this magic pill?
Does it make your penis sprout like a spring Zuchinni?
Make you irresitable to the opposite sex?
Can you crap a golden egg after taking it?....DAMN!

I told him I will pass, then he told me OTC prilosec is about the same exact thing.
Looks like Tums and generic Prilosec for me...JEEEEZ

Jason

LOL! I'm really sorry for the cost of the medication, but this post was funny!!

Banded on 11/02/06. Looking forward to a revision to VSG.  

Most Active
Recent Topics