3.5 months and 100lbs down!!!

Ulysses
on 8/11/11 8:33 am
So I got sleeved on 4/26/11 - and as many of you know I had complications and was in the hospital for 2.5 months. During that stay they fed me through an IV - a high calorie drip to help fight infections, and then a NT nose to stomach drip tube that was 1800 calories a day.

I have been out (from hospital prison) for less than a month and have been drinking 3 shakes a day and sometimes a little food. I really have no desire whatsoever to eat and put down my shakes, vitamins and fluid out of necessity. I have no idea how I lost weight while laying on my back in the ICU, but I did.

Best thing is I have officially lost 100 pounds since my sleeve date (I still have to name my sleeve). I may have had stalls but had no way to track them. All I know is that my sleeve is WORKING! I go back to work on September 1st and will probably have some explaining to do as I originally told my co-workers it was gall bladder surgery - they don't need to know my private business. By that time I may be down 110-120lbs.

I definitely need to raid my old slimmer clothes cache, and probably buy a lot of new **** on-line. All of my dress shirts are size 22-24 neck and look like a sail on my now.

Cheers OH friends!

Jason

Even will all the complications and the million dollar stay at the hospital I am glad I had the procedure done. After all, I am 100lbs down and cruising to hotness and the hospital stay is/was in the past......Just a bump in the road.
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Mr Mom
on 8/11/11 8:37 am
Great news guy!
Welcome to the Century Club! Good luck with going back to work too... Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

KikiRox85
on 8/11/11 8:39 am - CA
Great Job Jason. I was wondering how you were doing with the complications. Its so great to see your doing well and are down 100 pounds. So awesome. Keep rockin that Sleeve.
Take Care
Kristen

BuckeyeGirl
on 8/11/11 8:46 am - TN
Congrats!! 100 lbs down, that is fantastic!

So glad to hear you are doing well and here's to that "bump in the road" becoming a distant memory someday!

Lindsey

anewdayforme
on 8/11/11 9:08 am
Holy crap!  All you've been through and you still lost that much weight?!?!  I'm thinking you should name your sleeve "SUPERSLEEVE!"  Congrats!!!!!!
Ms. Poker Face
on 8/11/11 10:40 am
I am so glad things are going well for you!!  You've been through so much and now it's your time to shine!!

Keep doing it!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

skinimini
on 8/11/11 10:55 am
Jason, You have such a great positive attitude! I am so happy that things are going well for you now! You deserve that 100 lbs.!!
Keep on keepin' on!!

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 11:33 am
Hey Jason! WTG! I was rooting for you as we all were while you were um, on forced recline mode?
No need for a name, you own that sucker now!
PaulaS
on 8/11/11 8:50 pm - TX
Awesome job, even with your "bump in the road".

Your co-workers will be thinking that was some bad gall bladder!!!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
ccbelle14
on 8/11/11 11:41 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Jason, welcome to the century club! I'm glad to hear you're out of the hospital and on the road to recovery (I remember reading a few months back about your complications). Welcome to the wonderful sleeved world and congrats on your loss so far! Have fun shopping!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Most Active
Recent Topics