Does the stink go away?

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 8/11/11 2:37 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
This morning, as I was coming in to work, I put my sport bottle with my protein shake down in my purse.  Dumb blonde that I am, I forgot to close the sipper spout.  Got into my office and the bottom of my purse and all the contents were swimming in about 2 ounces of chocolate protein powder/skim milk!

I have cleaned it up (I think) with warm water, liquid soap and scrubbing but am afraid that there is reisidual in the tiny cracks and crevices of my purse.  The outside of my wallet got a soaking but it's a clasp type, flat wallet and the inside was dry.

I think it was Waffleking that had the "dead 'ho" smell in his car from a spilled protein drink.  Think my purse will smell that way too?
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 2:41 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Dead Ho Bag!! BOOO~!!

I would empty out my purse and dump baking soda in there!  What is your purse made of?

Boo ho-bag! 
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 2:45 am - MD
THe baking soda sounds like the best idea....ewww hope you can get the stink out Good Luck!
colelea613
on 8/11/11 2:48 am - LA
Try new fish tank charcoal.  Living in the area where hurricanes can make your freezer smell like a dumping ground for decaying bodies....

The black charcoal is the only thing that "soaks" up the smells.
    Cole

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 8/11/11 3:06 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
My purse is leather (more likely pleather since I don't buy expensive purses) but is lined with that silky cheap ****  I will probably just throw it away if stinks because it's a cheapo but it is one of my favorites.  I'll try the baking soda and the charcoal though since I do like this purse.

The wallet is cheap too (see a pattern here?) and I'm not overly fond of it.  I can ditch it if is starts to stink.

I just don't  want to walk around with that bag and think it's ok but have cats following me because I smell like a dead fish. 

Thanks for the replies.
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
therese50
on 8/11/11 4:24 am - Lansing, MI
"Dead Ho" that's a keeper!  Well, if all else fails, I would put some raw coffee beans in a nylon and tie it in a knot and throw it in the purse and close it up.   Couldn't hurt and nothing says fresh like coffee on a dead ho!

inkslingerdiva
on 8/11/11 5:23 am - Dumfries, VA
VSG on 01/22/11 with
Maybe throw an odor eater insole in the purse and the other in the wallet??
SW: 228Lbs. GW: 125Lbs. Goal in 14.5 Months CW: 122.7Lbs Down 105.3Lbs

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 11:06 am
 LMAO.  I expected something a little different when I opened your post!!!!!!

If you got it while it was fresh you should be OK.  
Most Active
Recent Topics