SCARED

TammyBell
on 8/3/11 2:41 pm - Huffman, TX

I had surgery on Sat.... And I can't seem to keep anything in my stomach.... "D" is the only result.... broth I get "D", Juice I get "D".... The only thing is pop sicles, crystal lite, water, jello...... Any suggestions....

ruggie
on 8/3/11 2:44 pm - Sacramento, CA
What is "D"?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Ulysses
on 8/3/11 3:22 pm
Just guessing that it's "Diarrhea"...
AKA - "the hershey squirts"...
Jason

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

MenagerieNik
on 8/3/11 2:49 pm
 Try taking some probiotics and eating yogurt. Between the surgery and all the antibiotics you're given, your stomach has a lot of its natural bacteria stripped away and as a result you have the constant runs. 

HW: 285 SW: 267 GW: 130
TammyBell
on 8/3/11 3:09 pm - Huffman, TX
OMG... thank you sooo much for the advice.....

wert
on 8/3/11 3:12 pm - MN
And, of course, call your surgeon. The staff there may be of some help. 

I assume D is diarrhea? You can say it out loud here. In case you haven't noticed we talk about everything and have photos to boot.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

janice L.
on 8/3/11 3:16 pm - humble, tx
 Not sure what you mean by D? But you should be able to eat something. I live in Atascocita across the bridge. Who was your surgeon? Have someone make you protein shakes. I learned to love them but was hard at first. I hated the taste, now I love them.
I had mine about a year and a half ago and I am slowly aging the weight back.
I have gained 16 lbs back after losing 70. Just be careful and get your protein. That is where most of my problems occurred. 
janice L.
on 8/3/11 3:18 pm - humble, tx
 Oh my gosh, ok I get it now. I never had the D :)  lol. But the above person is right. try yogurt and probiotics. It will get better soon :)

fysicsgrl
on 8/3/11 4:19 pm
Are you sure it's diahhrea and not loose stools?  Since you are on a liquid diet there is nothing really to firm up your stools so they should be loose.

MomtoAndy
on 8/3/11 8:43 pm - Columbia, SC
I'm guessing this is a case of liquid in, liquid out.  This too shall pass...

Most Active
Recent Topics