String cheese

NewDawn50
on 8/2/11 2:27 am
I buy low fat cheese to melt on top of a piece of light ww toast in the morning for breakfast sometimes.

That's the only low fat cheese I can eat.  It tastes gross to me otherwise.  I adore cheese, but I eat less of it so I can have the full fat variety.  Once in awhile some mini babybel or a piece of cheddar or (shudder with delight) a piece of Brie.

I eat small amounts and much less often thatn I would otherwise eat it - its too good, and I'm trying to lower my cholesterol. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 3:18 am
I like the Publix brand. It was on sale and I got a huge pack. Good thing it's good!
Katester
on 8/2/11 3:30 am
Sargento is the BEST. Kraft mozzy string cheese is tasteless...i agree. I only buy sargento now. It sucks because a 12 pack of sargento is $3.99 and a 24 pack of kraft is only $4.49....
marytx3
on 8/2/11 4:19 am
I like Sargento for string cheese and I also buy the Laughing Cow Light cheese. One wedge is 35 calories and I put it on a piece of Wasa Bread (3 slices for 60 calories) for breakfast or morning snack sometimes..very satisfying!
felicity2u
on 8/2/11 5:16 am - LA
I love the Sargento brand but the Pepperjack cheese stick.  I just couldn't stomach the texture of string cheese after the surgery! The pepperjack ones saved me!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Ashley S.
on 8/2/11 6:26 am, edited 8/2/11 6:27 am
VSG on 05/04/10 with
My favorite is Frigo, but I buy the regular.  The low-fat isn't as flavorful to me and has the texture of wax.  Thinking of trying the Weigh****chers smoked mozzarella sticks a try.  I figured the smoky taste would compensate for the waxy texture of the low-fat cheese.
-Ash

Heaviest Weight: 365, Surgery Weight: 327, Current Weight:  146.9
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/#!/AshLYMMJ

PaulaS
on 8/2/11 7:34 am - TX
Yum, smoked mozzarella sounds good!   I have not seen that in the local groceries.   Will have to look!  

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
SisterBigBone
on 8/2/11 8:03 am - Bronx, NY
I like Sargento 2% reduced fat mozarella string cheese. I usually eat one every other day.

theshrinkingmimi
on 8/2/11 8:15 am

Sargento.  Kraft...blech!

Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Crunchy As Can Be
on 8/3/11 12:02 pm - NY
I like the Sargento LF ones, but more often buy the Stop & Shop LF string cheeses for cost reasons. Either way, they're better after having been forgotten in my handbag for a couple of hours. Mmmmm... melty cheese in a plastic wrapper!

Mini Babybel Light is good, too-- but sometimes too soft and I get it all over my fingers, even when I have just taken it out of the fridge.

I've tried the Laughing Cow wedges and light the light ones in Swiss and French Onion flavors, but too many fats for too few proteins for me, so I don't buy them anymore.
 ~~Emily~~

Most Active