Had aurfery on Friday?????

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 12:33 pm - Orange County, CA
Hi OH -

I had surgery this last Friday. It went perfect. I am drinking clear liquids. Two oz per hour. Any suggestions?? Is this it??? I was having terrible stomach cramps but they are almost gone. I am doing lots of walking.

Any suggestions??;;
Ulysses
on 8/1/11 12:38 pm
Hi,
It looks to me like you are not getting enough fluids in. 2oz per hour is really not that much, if your up 16 hours a day then that is only 32 ounces.
Congrats on your surgery and HYDRATE!
Regards,

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Arianasmama
on 8/1/11 11:43 pm - Beverly Hills, CA
 Hi Elizabeth,

It was nice meeting you at Scripps.  Please push for 64 oz of water daily.  It may seem hard but it's what the doctor requires.  The nurse at the hospital told me 2 oz every hour and when I got home I asked on this board and called Dr. Taller's office and was told by both, 64 oz..  Praying for a smooth and uneventful recovery for you.

Be Blessed            
Arianasmama
on 8/1/11 11:46 pm - Beverly Hills, CA
 Here is one of the responses I received:

You should shoot for 64+ oz a day.  Hydration is key right now or you'll end up the ER to get fluids (which is fine if you need to, but better to avoid it if you can).  

64+ oz hard for the first week, but please check out this thread about this from this morning:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4432197/How-to-get-in- 64oz-a-day-for-New-ops/
Be Blessed            
Spiritus
on 8/2/11 1:00 pm - Hawthorne, CA

OT:

Hi Arianasmama!  Glad to see you're recovering well and off to a great start on your journey! I tried to PM you but your profile is set to Private so I was not able.  10th is a go!!

~Vickie

Most Active
Recent Topics