Snacking

Snigglefritz
on 8/4/11 2:37 pm - CA

Sounds like yuor on the right track Paula. Your paying attention to your triggers and your needs. Keep up the great work.  Just snack healthy and you'll be fine :)

PaulaS
on 8/4/11 10:42 pm - TX
Thanks!  

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
sleevegirl
on 8/2/11 6:22 am - Austin, TX
Mine says 3 meals, no snacking. But I have no idea how we're supposed to get in the 800 calories, much less protein with 3 3 oz meals per day. Cuz that's all I can get in. So, I do have snacks. *shrug* I figure eventually I'll have to figure the snack thing out, but ya know... it kind of is more like five small meals the way I do it... sometimes it's a cheese stick or sometimes it's an ounce or two of leftover chicken. Hmm...

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

USAF Wife
on 8/2/11 6:49 am
I didn't read the other replies so I apologize if this is a repeat.

No snacking. 4 meals per day, each meal containing a minimum of 15gr of protein. Not difficult at all for me. That was it for me for my entire losing stage.

As for dessert, bread with meals, I didn't do any of that until I was at and below goal. And, now I do not restrict any types of food, and if I want cake, I eat cake. It's after my meal, and it's a tiny portion and nowhere near an entire slice. Well, okay so I mainly eat the buttercream frosting on one side of the cake with sprinkling of the cake HA.

I just ate sushi for lunch, came home and ate 3 of these little, like 1inch by 1inch wafer cookies with this thin layer of sugary cream filling.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

PaulaS
on 8/2/11 7:32 am - TX
USAF Wife, everytime I eat it is at least 15 grams protein, too.   Kinda my qualifier.   But, I often do this 5 times a day rather than 4.    Occasionally I only eat 3 times a day, but my protein is still there. 

For me, I find if I am in the 400-500 calorie range I get very tired quickly.    Therefore, I try to stay between the 600-800 per day as initially recommended by my NUT.   Sometimes I don't get to 600, but I ALWAYS get a minimum of 60 grams protein a day, often 80+.   I feel better with the extra protein.  

My NUT recommended 1200 calories a day when I met with her at 3 months.   I am no where near getting that in a day.   At this point, unless I ate high calorie and high fat foods I don't think I could get there at all.   And, not sure I want to get there, at least until I am in maintenance. 

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Most Active