Home after 6 nights in the hospital!!!

koshermama
on 7/31/11 10:12 pm
So sorry to hear about the complications, both of you! Going into my surgery Wed. I will remember to trust my gut (literally and figuratively??) and to holler if things don't seem right! Feel better soon!!

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
Onedaysoon
on 8/1/11 12:53 am - PA
I'm so sorry you had such a tough time. I was just realeased from the hospital yesterday and I was really having a tough time of it too. I wAs also vomitting and extremely dizzy and nauseas. I was so frustrated several times that I just started crying. I felt like the nurses really thought I was just being a big baby. When they finally took me down to imaging they could see that I was so swollen that is was taking forever for water to enter my stomach and it HURT. After that they told me not to drink and to just let my IV do the wor****il my swelling went down. I'm sorry, I just wanted to say that I know how you feel, but that's the past now and I'm sure we're both going to do great!
~Carly~
~

kanga003
on 8/1/11 9:14 am
Wow! You kind sound like me!  I had an obstruction too, on 7/19, and I was the first one that they had ever heard of!

I was very lucky though... my center is SUPER cautious and they do an upper gi on everyone the day after surgery... that ment that they found it in under 24 hours and had me back in surgry to fix me up.

I still ended up in the hospital for 5 nights, but the 5th I could have totally gone home...

On the bright side, I will be 2 weeks out from my original procedure and doing great... I just ate tuna :-)
Most Active
Recent Topics