Clarisonic Facial Cleansing System

PaulaS
on 8/1/11 4:27 am - TX
Does anyone have one?   If so, does it work like it claims?

There have been previous posts about facial breakouts and blackheads following WLS due to hormonal changes, etc.   I HATE the blackheads and am looking for  solution.

Any suggestions?   I may just have to go to a dermatologist, but am open to suggestions first!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
carrierae
on 8/1/11 4:28 am - WA
go to qvc.com search for it...and read reviews.
SunnyinSD
on 8/1/11 4:36 am - San Diego, CA
I have one and I like it, but do I see vast improvements - no.  Then again, I'm not super-religious about using it twice a day.  I also don't break out much although I DO get backheads.  The clarisonic makes my face feel much cleaner.  It's almost the same feeling as after getting a microdermabrasion done.  But be sure to wear LOTS of sunscreen afterwards.  I do burn easier now (after starting to use it).

I'm a 5'9", 33 year old mother of 2 living in Sunny San Diego  
Starting Weight: 273  Surgery Weight: 235  Goal Weight: 140   Surgery Date: 08/08/11

PaulaS
on 8/1/11 4:36 am - TX
Thanks for the QVC tip!   Without reading all the reviews, looks like it is overwhelming good!
I'll read thru some of the reviews ! 

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Judith K.
on 8/1/11 4:38 am
VSG on 05/15/10 with
Too weird that I saw this post!  I never heard of this thing 'til my daughter told me about it last Friday; then I couldn't remember the name of it and she just sent me a link for it not more than an hour ago!!  I read some of the reviews and it seems to be a good thing.  I'll take all the help I can get.  I did not have issues w/ breakouts and blackheads but I'm 62 years old and don't want to look old so I'm constantly looking for things to improve my complexion.

I recently discovered Norwex Antibacterial cloths and they have really helped maintain my nice skin along w/ a good skin care regime.  A friend of mine was able to quit using Proactiv when she started washing w/ just the antibac cloth and water.  Might try that before you invest in the Clarisonic or visit a dermatologist.
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

novascotiadawn
on 8/1/11 4:58 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Loves the Norwex products!!! May go into selling it!!! A thought I have been pondering!

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

ccbelle14
on 8/1/11 9:21 am - Minneapolis, MN
I only use a Norwex cloth on my face now to clean it, and love the results! My breakouts have been greatly reduced. I love that I no longer have to use any facial cleansers to try to combat it!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 4:45 am
This is about the best website I've found for reviews, advice (on the boards), etc on beauty products.. You have to register to see the reviews. I've been a member for years and it's saved me from spending unwisely at times.. and had the opposite effect as well too!

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?CategoryID= 0&brand=&title=clarisonic&submit=Find+Products

I also highly recommend using a retinol product on your face. It speeds cell turnover, but do not use retinols and harsh exfoliation at the same time.. you will get very irritated. I use Avene Retrinal as it's much gentler for my sensitive skin, but very effective- and I use Olay facial cloths or BluRay polishing cloths to exfoliate every few days.. keeps everything clear. Sunscreen is a must if you use retinols..
Jennchap
on 8/1/11 4:52 am - CA
Im a huge fan of the dermalogica products. I have spent thousands on a **** load of their stuff but you can be much more reasonable than me and buy one face wash and not 10 different ones! LOL haha. I have bought a lot of mine on Ebay cause it was a lot cheaper than the stuff I bought from the spa I go to. If you wanna try some let me know when ever I get the stuff on Ebay they include samples and I could pop a ton in the mail for you to try out before you buy anything. Everyone seems to have a line of products that work for them. I found a lot of stuff to either dry me out or make me greasy and this line has been amazing for my skin.
Good Luck
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

PaulaToronto
on 8/1/11 5:09 am - Toronto, Canada
I've had one for about 3 months and I really like it.  I have very sensitive skin and rosacea and it's been great.  I am using way less product now as it absorbs really well and so my breakouts are few and far between.  I also liked one of the cleanser that came with the set.  I have used hundreds of cleansers over the years and this one leaves my skin soft and not breakouts.

I use mine once a day and notice  a difference when I don't use it. 
Most Active